PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Well my trip to Mr T yesterday was more expensive than planned. I bought 3x pullups at £4 each (usually £4.98) Have tried some cheaper ones before but they tend to leak and we get through them more quickly, so it's a false economy re increased number used and increased washing! I also forgot that teh children have almost ran out of vitamins (2 are fussy eaters) so bought some on 3 for 2. Then I got some muffins, potato cakes, mini pizzas and scones on silly whoopsie prices.

Garden Centre was much better - I bought 1 grobag, some runner and french beans, some tomatoes, 1 aubergine and a new watering can and didn't spend any cash - I used reward vouchers that they'd sent me and a gift voucher - and got cash change! :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Morning all. An NSD planned today. Going to tidy up the house, sort out a few jobs then bake some peanut butter and chocolate cookies from my hummingbird bakery book :) enjoy the day all :)
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • Lindy_-_Loo
    Lindy_-_Loo Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Mr T shopping delivered, some items not available but OH is going to pick up while at work.

Couple of things 8 or 9p more expensive than when I booked the shopping yesterday but says on receipt that prices may change on the day - wouldnt have bought them if they were that price!

have a good day x
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
  • cookiemum
    cookiemum Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Not going so well. We were invited to a BBQ at the weekend and ended up spending £30.70 at Mr M on meat etc. because not sure what we were expected to take!

Another small shop in Iceland yesterday, £15.30 , will hopefully see us through the week. Will definitely have to stick to meal plan and raid the freezer to ensure I come within budget. I thought it was all going so well after month one!!:o

February Grocery Challenge £301.46/300
    To feed - Me, DH, DD, DS and 1 dog

• franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 10 May 2010 at 2:26PM
    Afternoon.

Spent a fair bit today (£14.70) but it was all necessary - milk, apples, bananas, bread, t- bags, cheese and some cheap digestives for this evening. I also got 2 cheese and tomato pizzas from the C*op for £1.39 each which were cheaper and bigger than the T*sco ones so I'm happy :) for now...

rosieben - Constance is lovely and has inspired me to get on with making another crochet blanket which I've been intending to do for ages!
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Was going to try and have NSDs for food until the weekend but have just been to pilates and am desperate for a banana now so have sent a colleague out to get me one! :D
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • pipersky
    pipersky Posts: 954 Forumite
    Spent £3.52 today on a few essentials - need to go out again to get some milk which I forgot (d'oh). Decided what we're having for tea tonight (based on what needs to be used up :D) so that should be it :)

Will try for another NSD tomorrow ... Good luck all ...
    Part time GCer, NSDer, Comper and (Bad)Flylady :o
    A big shot is just a little shot that kept shooting ...
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Went to Mr S today to get a few bits for baking and spent £5.75, came home and made a cake and used up the last of the caster sugar, so no baking until I get some more :doh:

Also spent over £13 on food colour paste and edible glitter but that's not coming out of the grocery budget :p
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Well, back from Mr T's and managed to spend £49:eek:
    This did include some household bits and laundry stuff but no toiletries or luxuries really.

I'm really finding it difficult to keep within budget lately - prices are going up and my budget is going down! I try to keep within £45 a week all in but its very difficult. I have mealplanned and bought a few things that will last into next week and beyond - the majority of stuff bought was fresh stuff, bread and essentials and its all soooooo expensive!

I need to win the lottery and quick!
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    purplevamp - you can whiz granulated in the food processor to get it the same texture as caster sugar if this helps?
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure