PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Recipe website using own ingredients

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Reading with your eyes closed?

The cat hit the space bar?

You were kidnapped by aliens?

All excuses, er, good reasons I've been given in the past :)

Actually it didn't have this title yesterday, so would have been easier to miss. Not that I'm going to tell you that... I'll just wait to see what excuse you can come up with ;)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Uuuummmmm, I'm 8 months pregnant and I thought I was in labour! Will that do?LOL!
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    That'll do :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Not sure if this website has been on before, but if you give a list of your fridge / store cupboard ingredients, the site gives you a list of meals you can cook from what you already have.

https://www.cookingbynumbers.com

Hope someone finds it useful xxx
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We now have this and other similar websites listed at the bottom of the Cooking section of the MEGA Index sticky, so between them all you should always be able to find a recipe or two that you fancy making.

:)
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Thanks for the links pipkin and ladygrey - sorry squeaky, I don't always get to view the Mega Index to hunt things down; time is precious :o:o:o
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    strange queenie but i find things are easier to find in the mega index rather than waiting for someone to post a link at some point in the future. I know my time is precious too and i find the OS index an incredibley valuable resource.:j
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Horses for courses Nels ;):D

Someone can pop in for 5 mins, post a question. Come back a couple of hours later and have a wealth of valuable advice just sitting in the one little post :D

Personally, having heaps of windows open to navigate an index in the hope that the title of the thread will be sufficient to find the right answer amongst the posts is far more time consuming *and* involves sitting at the computer to trawl through it all too.

Time is money; both are precious and I know which suits my personal needs :D:D:D

Horses for courses ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    :rolleyes: horses and courses - you could be right queenie but as a regular in here (lot more than me:D ) I would have thought its right to help new people to find and use the index that already exists and has taken a lot of time and effort by lots of people. tonight is a good example and im sure you can see that;).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure