'I will take control again/spending does not mean happiness/get real numpty' diary.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So you are very aware of what you spend & thats great.
    JUst as good is that you have no debt which is even more great.
    I am sure you can start saving come the New Year.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Thanks beanie.
    You are a dear. :)
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    As an update,my cd debt carried on and I also ended up overdrawn by 3000 swiss francs (for the first time in my life).I could slowly have chipped away at the daebt and I did for a few months.Then in July i gave in and transferred some money I'd been given by family to erase the cc debt and OD.Leaving me with saving of 15000 f that I will not allow myself to touch.

I also have completely revamped my spending and have made some major cutbacks meaning that I should now be able to save aboutz 600f a month.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    My DFD was 7/7/2018.

AS for savings:

-60f /month saved from stopping electrolysis = 720f /year

-no more pedicure every three months = 360f/year saved

-facials etc stopped =125f/month or 1500f/year saved

-Netflix stopped =179f /year

-iPad sub 15f/month =180f /year saved

-computer help (swisscom)=20f/month = 240f /year

-cinema sub =40f /month = 480f /year

-gym membership 49f/month =588f/year

Equaling a grand total of 3887f saved a year or 324f/month
    extra to save!

In all I have roughly 634.70f of my salary that is saveable!
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    I no longer take my bank card with me when I shop, unless I have to take money out to pay a bill.At most I go out with a 10f note.I still haven't mastered doing a shopping list but very rarely deviate from my intended purchases.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Today would have been an nsd but I bought a book for my kindle. 'blushes'
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Oh and I no longer pay my cc bill in installments but by dd again.The sums involved are very small though.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    I have visitors coming to stay from tomorrow for 10 days and am hoping to not go over my budget of 235f.
  • beanielou
    Options
    I no longer take my bank card with me when I shop, unless I have to take money out to pay a bill.At most I go out with a 10f note.I still haven't mastered doing a shopping list but very rarely deviate from my intended purchases.

Good idea.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Glad to see that you are now debt free.
    Remember to still give yourself a wee treat now & then.
    As we have said it is so hard when we only have one income stream.
    Most of my friends have a lot more income than me which is also hard.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure