PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    daivid wrote: »
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55628499.html

Mix of time warp and unfinished projects. Also are we to assume the agent has recently aquired a new toy?

My parents have that duvet set in pic 9. Mum found in a charity shop a 2nd set of pillowcases for £1 each.

The duvet is the most modern thing!
  • remembermee
    Options
    My parents have that duvet set in pic 9. Mum found in a charity shop a 2nd set of pillowcases for £1 each.

The duvet is the most modern thing!

I used to have it too. It’s Dorma and very expensive to buy new 18 years ago lol
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mardle wrote: »
    https://rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-74124173.html

AN ABSOLUTE DELIGHT, is one way of describing this unique home. The Detail to attention is what makes this super two bedroom first floor flat really stand out from the crowd, you would be forgiven upon entering for not realising that you are indeed in a Central town location,once inside it really does feel like you are in a country cottage due to the beautiful chic interior.

Really!!

Loving the French Revolution vibe in the kitchen. :eek:
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    daivid wrote: »
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55628499.html

Mix of time warp and unfinished projects. Also are we to assume the agent has recently aquired a new toy?

And, looking at the sold prices for that road, it's all the money and then some.
  • westernpromise
    westernpromise Posts: 4,833 Forumite
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    We can certainly assume he/she used it illegally.
    Link Fixed here.
    www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55628499.html
    How much does anyone care, though? Governments can pass whatever laws they like, but if no one enforces them, they don't exist in the everyday world. The shot from directly above makes the garden look smaller.

An odd house; possibly a probate job that somene didn't have the time/skills to take further? Hasn't sold before within Rightmove's memory.

(Thanks, The Gardener for helping me sort out the link. :))
    No drone shots from inside the house, though, which feels like a bit of a missed opportunity...
  • westernpromise
    westernpromise Posts: 4,833 Forumite
    Options
    I used to have it too. It!!!8217;s Dorma and very expensive to buy new 18 years ago lol
    Someone's clearing out a probate house a few doors down from us. The junk in the skip included a Bejam freezer. As (I have just learnt in another thread) Bejam were bought out 30 years ago, the appliance is at least that old.

I think old biddies do the place up and then decide it's perfect and never notice their surroundings ever again. This is the only way these fossilised interiors from 30 and 40 years ago can persist.

Soon presumably we'll start seeing probate sales of 80s houses with a load of ratty old black ash.

What astonishes me is millennials intentionally creating the same look from scratch. There was a house on here a few weeks ago for feedback that was full of old granny horrible tut. It looked like a 90 year old had died in it. It transpired that a young couple lived in it and this was their actual midcentury taste....
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ...I think old biddies do the place up !!!8230;. full of old granny horrible tut....

Language maybe a bit derogatory/sexist and a touch unkind there mate?
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As an older (refuse to be actually old) biddy, I have actually furnished my flat with 1960s type furniture. This is not because I am in a revisit my youth timewarp, it's because I think Ercol is classic. I strongly suspect that what will date most quickly will be the relatively recently installed kitchen and bathroom.

Mind you I still regret the probate property that I just missed getting - now that really was a timewarp. Fantastic Edwardian furniture that I bet the new owners took to the tip.
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    Someone's clearing out a probate house a few doors down from us. The junk in the skip included a Bejam freezer. As (I have just learnt in another thread) Bejam were bought out 30 years ago, the appliance is at least that old.

It's fair to assume the freezer was still in full working order at the time of the owner's death otherwise they wouldn't have hung on to it so it definitely wasn't junk. Are you saying you would throw out a perfectly good freezer just because it was looking a little dated? Not very MSE.
  • Mardle
    Mardle Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    LandyAndy wrote: »
    Loving the French Revolution vibe in the kitchen. :eek:

Thank you for confirming my thoughts. I was beginning to think I was the only one to get the French Revolution vibe about that kitchen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure