Kensington Mortgage application timescale

Options

Comments

• hunnibee_2
    hunnibee_2 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Should have answer by COB & will be called by mortgage advisor tomorrow... But we all know how that works! :rotfl:
  • anfieldred
    anfieldred Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Finally due to complete on 1st August. Mine's only taken so long due to waiting for the end of the fixed term to avoid ERCs
  • hunnibee_2
    Options
    Finally got our approval today!! 7 weeks after offer!
  • anfieldred
    Options
    hunnibee wrote: »
    Finally got our approval today!! 7 weeks after offer!

Great news, congrats! go and have a drink this weekend to celebrate (I know I am!)
  • hunnibee_2
    Options
    :beer:
    Haha planned for Monday Eve! Off Tuesday
  • Em2aLou38
    Em2aLou38 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I received my MIP from Kensington on 19/07. Forwarded this straight on to the estate agents and had our offer accepted!

Kensington have taken the valuation fee from my bank account 26/07.

I spoke to the financial advisor yesterday who stated that we should have a valuation date early next week now and everything seems fine! I!!!8217;m still worrying it could go all wrong though!

I!!!8217;ve returned my paperwork to the solicitors too and once their in receipt of the contract from the estate agents the searches will commence!

I!!!8217;m just so worried and nervous and hope everything runs smoothly !!!55358;!!!56606;!!!55356;!!!57339;
  • anfieldred
    Options
    Em2aLou38 wrote: »
    I received my MIP from Kensington on 19/07. Forwarded this straight on to the estate agents and had our offer accepted!

Kensington have taken the valuation fee from my bank account 26/07.

I spoke to the financial advisor yesterday who stated that we should have a valuation date early next week now and everything seems fine! I!!!8217;m still worrying it could go all wrong though!

I!!!8217;ve returned my paperwork to the solicitors too and once their in receipt of the contract from the estate agents the searches will commence!

I!!!8217;m just so worried and nervous and hope everything runs smoothly !!!55358;!!!56606;!!!55356;!!!57339;

If they've gone this far I'd be surprised if they didn't know. Mine was very, very slow but got there eventually. Other people in this thread have had it turned around quite quickly, so if you've had the AIP and valuation fee taken this quick then must be looking good.
  • Em2aLou38
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I!!!8217;ve had a reply from my financial advisor today now and the underwriter require a bit more information;
    1. P60!!!8217;s for 2017 and 2018
    2. July payslip
    3. Proof of deposit which I can just get a letter from my aunty as it was a gift
    4. Proof of residency since 2016
    5. Landlord details since 2016

Is this normal?

They!!!8217;ve also asked why my income is slightly lower this year compared to last year which is Only because Ive decided not to do so much overtime! Surely they would have based my affordability on recent payslips (three months provided) rather than last years income? I!!!8217;m panicking now !!!55357;!!!56852;
  • anfieldred
    Options
    Em2aLou38 wrote: »
    I!!!8217;ve had a reply from my financial advisor today now and the underwriter require a bit more information;
    1. P60!!!8217;s for 2017 and 2018
    2. July payslip
    3. Proof of deposit which I can just get a letter from my aunty as it was a gift
    4. Proof of residency since 2016
    5. Landlord details since 2016

Is this normal?

They!!!8217;ve also asked why my income is slightly lower this year compared to last year which is Only because Ive decided not to do so much overtime! Surely they would have based my affordability on recent payslips (three months provided) rather than last years income? I!!!8217;m panicking now !!!55357;!!!56852;

payslips/p60 etc is normal - think others in this thread have said that they had to provide rental info. Just get what you can sent over, and let them go through it.
  • Em2aLou38
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve got everything to hand..just means popping into work on a day off to print things off but needs must!
    I’m just worrying about the affordability now..they would have based that on my original three payslips I provided wouldn’t they and not last years income???
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback