Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tommysaver
    • By tommysaver 22nd Sep 18, 3:50 PM
    • 152Posts
    • 60Thanks
    tommysaver
    Xbox One X deals?
    • 22nd Sep 18, 3:50 PM
    Xbox One X deals? 22nd Sep 18 at 3:50 PM
    Hi all,

I had an Xbox 360 back in the day about 7 years ago, and I haven't touched it for about 6 years now.

I've just bought a new 4k tv, and for some reason, I want to scratch the itch again and get an Xbox, mainly for racing games like Forza, but perhaps COD and Red dead redemption, that's about it.

I notice since the 'X' came out, it's been holding it's price fairly well, does anyone know what sort of deals there are to be had on these, if any?

Ideally I'd go for a package option that includes one of the above games, but nearly 500 is kinda hard to stomach for something I might not actually use very much.

I have considered the 'S' but my colour scheme is all black now...!!

Haha. What sort of deals have you guys gotten? Thanks
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 22nd Sep 18, 7:42 PM
    • 32,772 Posts
    • 20,641 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 22nd Sep 18, 7:42 PM
    • 22nd Sep 18, 7:42 PM
    Hi all,

I had an Xbox 360 back in the day about 7 years ago, and I haven't touched it for about 6 years now.

I've just bought a new 4k tv, and for some reason, I want to scratch the itch again and get an Xbox, mainly for racing games like Forza, but perhaps COD and Red dead redemption, that's about it.

I notice since the 'X' came out, it's been holding it's price fairly well, does anyone know what sort of deals there are to be had on these, if any?

Ideally I'd go for a package option that includes one of the above games, but nearly 500 is kinda hard to stomach for something I might not actually use very much.

I have considered the 'S' but my colour scheme is all black now...!!

Haha. What sort of deals have you guys gotten? Thanks
    Originally posted by tommysaver

Well do you mind a refurb deal ?

Ive seen 2 deals on hukd for refurb stock on the Argos ebay page for just over 300 which to me is a good deal.
    • almillar
    • By almillar 24th Sep 18, 1:51 PM
    • 7,575 Posts
    • 3,107 Thanks
    almillar
    • 24th Sep 18, 1:51 PM
    • 24th Sep 18, 1:51 PM
    I'm waiting until Black Friday and hoping to get one for around 300...
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 24th Sep 18, 3:47 PM
    • 32,772 Posts
    • 20,641 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 24th Sep 18, 3:47 PM
    • 24th Sep 18, 3:47 PM
    I'm waiting until Black Friday and hoping to get one for around 300...
    Originally posted by almillar

I'm tempted to get 1 (not that I do actually need 1) whether its now with the deals posted on hukd or on Black Friday.
    • Forwandert
    • By Forwandert 24th Sep 18, 9:15 PM
    • 1,043 Posts
    • 1,145 Thanks
    Forwandert
    • 24th Sep 18, 9:15 PM
    • 24th Sep 18, 9:15 PM
    There have been quite a few brand new X deals on Hukd today. There was one around 370 this morning although I can't remember what games were with it. Current one showing in 409 with Forza Horizon 4 + Forza Motorsport 7 bundle + FIFA 19 + FIFA 19 Steelbook for 409 pre Order from Amazon and price guarantee incase it goes down. Not sure if that's closer to where you want to be with the price.

I'm waiting for black Friday unless something really good appears before.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 25th Sep 18, 10:49 AM
    • 32,772 Posts
    • 20,641 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 25th Sep 18, 10:49 AM
    • 25th Sep 18, 10:49 AM
    There have been quite a few brand new X deals on Hukd today. There was one around 370 this morning although I can't remember what games were with it. Current one showing in 409 with Forza Horizon 4 + Forza Motorsport 7 bundle + FIFA 19 + FIFA 19 Steelbook for 409 pre Order from Amazon and price guarantee incase it goes down. Not sure if that's closer to where you want to be with the price.

Originally posted by Forwandert

Yes I saw them.

Theres even apparently 1 at Asda for 349 with Far Cry 5.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 27th Sep 18, 1:29 PM
    • 17,608 Posts
    • 10,673 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 27th Sep 18, 1:29 PM
    • 27th Sep 18, 1:29 PM
    Another vote for keeping an eye on HUKD. There seem to be a few deals floating about already which bodes well for Black Friday and Christmas.

Do i need an XBox One X? No.

Will i end up buying one because theres a good deal on. Inevitable.
    "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."
    • tommysaver
    • By tommysaver 28th Sep 18, 10:54 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    tommysaver
    • 28th Sep 18, 10:54 PM
    • 28th Sep 18, 10:54 PM
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

Well today, I saw the best deal yet but I still missed out on it.

Ebay had a 10% off promo code until 8pm

I saw an xbox one x, 1TB, with Forza 7 and the new Forza Horizon 4, 1 controller for 409,

With 10% off it was 368. That seems about the right price for me, that's my bench mark figure now!

Hopefully we can pick up another deal like this soon..
    • tommysaver
    • By tommysaver 28th Sep 18, 11:03 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    tommysaver
    • 28th Sep 18, 11:03 PM
    • 28th Sep 18, 11:03 PM

Originally posted by Forwandert
    Haha wow, I've also just come across this one just looking on amazon.

That does seem like a pretty good deal, but I've no interest in FIFA 19 or the steelbook.

I could still probably sell them easily on ebay though, are they physical discs or just codes do you think? Or does it even matter?

If I made say 40 on fifa 19 and 10 on the steelbook,

That's effectively only 359 for the xbox one 1TB, controller and both forza's. Winner?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 29th Sep 18, 8:21 AM
    • 32,772 Posts
    • 20,641 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

Well today, I saw the best deal yet but I still missed out on it.

Ebay had a 10% off promo code until 8pm

I saw an xbox one x, 1TB, with Forza 7 and the new Forza Horizon 4, 1 controller for 409,

With 10% off it was 368. That seems about the right price for me, that's my bench mark figure now!

Hopefully we can pick up another deal like this soon..
    Yeh i saw that 1, a really good price.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 29th Sep 18, 8:23 AM
    • 32,772 Posts
    • 20,641 Thanks
    DCFC79

That does seem like a pretty good deal, but I've no interest in FIFA 19 or the steelbook.

I could still probably sell them easily on ebay though, are they physical discs or just codes do you think? Or does it even matter?

That's effectively only 359 for the xbox one 1TB, controller and both forza's. Winner?
    At a guess id say Fifa is a physical copy as your getting the steelbook too, see how much Cex would give as a trade in, if you buy blu rays get store credit.
    • tommysaver
    • By tommysaver 1st Oct 18, 10:26 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    tommysaver
    I'm still lurking for the perfect deal..

Whilst I'm here, does anyone know if the Xbox one x comes with a headset? I need one that I can hear the game and talk on, in one. (Turtlebeach style?) Are these wireless these days? I'm so out of touch....
    • bluenoseam
    • By bluenoseam 2nd Oct 18, 11:22 PM
    • 4,435 Posts
    • 8,225 Thanks
    bluenoseam
    No the Xbox One X does NOT come with a headset - they can be picked up for 20-30 around the place.

Best one I've seen (for my opinion anyway) is 410 with the new Tomb Raider, FIFA & Fallout 4 on the high street. Maybe not to everyone's tastes but TR & FIFA should be easy enough to get shot of for a reasonable sum if you're not into them. Considerably better than the 430 I paid for mine on its own earlier in the year - though it was technically a prize so I can't grumble.
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 3rd Oct 18, 12:32 AM
    • 1,295 Posts
    • 1,461 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    I need one that I can hear the game and talk on, in one. (Turtlebeach style?) Are these wireless these days? I'm so out of touch....
    I bought one for my XBONE S yesterday, reduced from 20-15 in GAME and it plugs into a jack socket on the controller.
    • Forwandert
    • By Forwandert 5th Oct 18, 6:01 AM
    • 1,043 Posts
    • 1,145 Thanks
    Forwandert

How about XBox One X + Forza Horizon 4 + Forza Motorsport 7 + Fifa 19 363.24 @ Microsoft Swiss Store. Latest offer on hukd if you're not going to risk waiting for black Friday that sounds like the perfect deal for you.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 5th Oct 18, 8:16 AM
    • 32,772 Posts
    • 20,641 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I'm still lurking for the perfect deal..

Whilst I'm here, does anyone know if the Xbox one x comes with a headset? I need one that I can hear the game and talk on, in one. (Turtlebeach style?) Are these wireless these days? I'm so out of touch....
    I got a Turtle Beach set that plugs into the controller.
    • tommysaver
    • By tommysaver 11th Oct 18, 11:25 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    tommysaver
    I still haven't bought one! Ha!
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Oct 18, 8:23 AM
    • 32,772 Posts
    • 20,641 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I still haven't bought one! Ha!
    Thats fine, wait for Black friday to see whats available.
    • SuperPikachu
    • By SuperPikachu 12th Oct 18, 12:05 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 178 Thanks
    SuperPikachu
    Aye, it does not include every seller but https://www.console-deals.com/xboxone/ is always a good place to check to see what is about.
    "Wild Pikachu appeared!"
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 12th Oct 18, 2:14 PM
    • 17,608 Posts
    • 10,673 Thanks
    motorguy
    Aye, it does not include every seller but https://www.console-deals.com/xboxone/ is always a good place to check to see what is about.
    Originally posted by SuperPikachu
    Good site!

Cheers
    "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,026Posts Today

8,701Users online

Martin's Twitter