Co op Everyday Rewards

Options
I’ve just noticed that my £4 reward hadn’t been credited this month and it seems that the direct debit requirement has been upped to four.

I hadn’t spotted this anywhere (not even on here) so thought it worth posting so that anyone affected will spot it.

For my part I’ll close the account now.
I hate verisimilitude.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It has always been 4. Can be 4 payments on one mandate.

I haven't received reward this month either, but am expecting it. The date of payment varies.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yup, always been 4.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah. That’s my mistake as I’d forgotten that I had two Tesco DDs on top of the two ‘real’ direct debits up to now.

Thanks for clearing that up for me and sorry for being a burk on this one.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Interestingly/Mysteriously nobody else has posted to say they had the same problem, Statement settings showed as Paperless yet on 1 June Cooperative Bank system imagined setting had been changed to Paper Statements.

Hello Mr ....

Thank you for your message.

We've credited a gesture of goodwill to your account of £11. You'll see this as two transactions crediting for £5.50 and it should show within 1 working day.

We've had a look and can't see any reason why you've received the message
    about the paperless change and subsequently haven't been paid the Everyday Rewards.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience, if there's anything else I can help with, please let me know.
  • 1Foz
    1Foz Posts: 74 Forumite
    edited 1 September 2019 at 1:07PM
    Options
    Out of interest , if you make multiple PayPal payments via co op debit card (with that set as the preferred PayPal payment method) would that qualify for the max reward (or is that not classed as a debit payment?). I mean, I'm going to use this account anyway for normal use but I might need a few extra debit card transactions to hit the 5.50 max each month. Then transfer back to the account from PayPal once required number of debit card payments reached.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    1Foz wrote: »
    Out of interest , if you make multiple PayPal payments via co op debit card (with that set as the preferred PayPal payment method) would that qualify for the max reward (or is that not classed as a debit payment?). I mean, I'm going to use this account anyway for normal use but I might need a few extra debit card transactions to hit the 5.50 max each month. Then transfer back to the account from PayPal once required number of debit card payments reached.

I don't see why not, but only if you use your linked debit card, rather than your linked bank account (which is by DD).

I frequently make small payments to my Barclaycard cc by linked Co-op debit card through Barclaycard app, which qualify for cashback:)
  • fly-catchers
    Options
    Do the 4 DD have to be active every month to qualify for the £4?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do the 4 DD have to be active every month to qualify for the £4?
    Pay out at least four Direct Debits from your nominated account.
    Seems pretty clear?
  • 1Foz
    1Foz Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I don't see why not, but only if you use your linked debit card, rather than your linked bank account (which is by DD).

I frequently make small payments to my Barclaycard cc by linked Co-op debit card through Barclaycard app, which qualify for cashback:)

Excellent, cheers! I'll just make sure the debit card is set as preferred payment and make consecutive £1 payments then :j If only regular payments could be set up to PayPal hehe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure