EOS solutions

Comments

• Hi all. So today I have received a latter at my new address from EOS solutions. Seems they have tracked me down. They have sent a letter asking me to call them. What's the best course of action to take? Do I call? Or just send a Statute barred letter and hope that does the job?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    BlueManc10 wrote: »
    Hi all. So today I have received a latter at my new address from EOS solutions. Seems they have tracked me down. They have sent a letter asking me to call them. What's the best course of action to take? Do I call? Or just send a Statute barred letter and hope that does the job?

You must respond with the statute barred letter, do not call them, but do not ignore them, even debts this old can be subject to legal action if you do.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thanks. The letter just says they want to discuss a personal matter. If I reply in writing am I not then acknowledging the debt? Will this show on my credit file?

As I know I owe the debt and got peace of mind I'm contemplating calling and offering a settlement of 10% and just getting it gone. As I don't want letters and phone calls for months on end.
  • I have today responded to EOS solutions with a statute barred letter and requested all further communication be conducted over email and no more letters are sent to my home address.

Is this something they will do? I do not want letters to my home.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I have today responded to EOS solutions with a statute barred letter and requested all further communication be conducted over email and no more letters are sent to my home address.

Is this something they will do? I do not want letters to my home.

They might but I doubt you'll have any comeback if they continue to send letters, they're still the preferred way of sending correspondence. Especially when evidence of it may be required in court.
  • If they have no proof of payment or any written acknowledgement from me of the debt in the last six years will it be as simple as them just dropping it? Or could it rumble on?
  • Why has it taken you so long to send the SB letter?
    You were advised to do so back in July.

They will likely send all further correspondence via post still, which is fine.

You cannot demand what service they use to communicate.
  • I misplaced the original letter. So I didn't have the details of the case and so was unable to quote the case number on my statute barred letter until they located me at my new address. I then only received a letter last week.

I've had no response to my email but the only address provided was a generic one so I'm not sure if they will even receive. Is it worth calling to advise I've emailed? Or am I better not discussing over the phone.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I misplaced the original letter. So I didn't have the details of the case and so was unable to quote the case number on my statute barred letter until they located me at my new address. I then only received a letter last week.

I've had no response to my email but the only address provided was a generic one so I'm not sure if they will even receive. Is it worth calling to advise I've emailed? Or am I better not discussing over the phone.

Stop sending emails and write them a letter.

If you want extra security, go to a Post Office branch, give them the letter and ask for proof of postage.
  • You need to send the SB letter by post.
    Recorded delivery.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport