Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • collington
    • By collington 27th Jan 19, 6:25 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 4Thanks
    collington
    So where SHOULD I sell my ticket?
    • 27th Jan 19, 6:25 PM
    So where SHOULD I sell my ticket? 27th Jan 19 at 6:25 PM
    Ok - I'm in a pickle. We bought Harry Potter tickets but now can't use them. The theatre won't take them back but when I look at all the ticket reselling websites (stubhub, viagogo, etc) they all have shocking reviews and dodgy histories. To make things worse, I only have an e-Ticket which I can transfer, but it means I don't have a physical ticket to sell which stubhub requires. I'm just not sure what to do now as I've asked all my family and friends and no one wants them. It's a 'hot' show so I'm sure I'd have no trouble selling them if I could actually list them somewhere. Anyone have any tips/ideas??

Thank you!
Page 1
    • BookWorm
    • By BookWorm 27th Jan 19, 9:29 PM
    • 2,341 Posts
    • 14,045 Thanks
    BookWorm
    • 27th Jan 19, 9:29 PM
    • 27th Jan 19, 9:29 PM
    The website says:

Subject to availability, you may exchange your tickets to an alternative date any time up to 48 hours prior to the day of the performance. Your ticketing partner will charge a service fee of 2.50 for each ticket that is exchanged. All tickets in the booking have to be exchanged at the same time.

Would that be possible for you? Appreciate it's spending more money, but seems a better option than losing out on cost and/or missing entirely
    • collington
    • By collington 28th Jan 19, 3:42 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    collington
    • 28th Jan 19, 3:42 PM
    • 28th Jan 19, 3:42 PM
    BookWorm that was SO kind of you to look that up! I would prefer to sell them, rather that reschedule, as I want to put the money towards this trip I hadn't budged for. They can sell them again, but they just do it on the night and if they don't sell you don't get the money ... so I was hoping to find a way to definitely sell them ahead of time. Oh well. Still trolling friends, family and now co-workers! Wish me luck!
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 18th Feb 19, 6:27 PM
    • 6,313 Posts
    • 5,745 Thanks
    mgdavid
    • 18th Feb 19, 6:27 PM
    • 18th Feb 19, 6:27 PM
    Facebook local group?
    Nextdoor local group?
    Gumtree?
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • SweetPotatoPie
    • By SweetPotatoPie 18th Feb 19, 6:33 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    SweetPotatoPie
    • 18th Feb 19, 6:33 PM
    • 18th Feb 19, 6:33 PM
    Twickets! Only allows you to post at face value or less. I have sold tickets on here before with no problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,686Posts Today

8,195Users online

Martin's Twitter