PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Our budget for January (2 adults) is £100. Thank you :)
  • jkc_2
    jkc_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
    whats the cheapest recipe any ones found so far? how many potions do you get? curently on 30 to 40 pounds grocery but would really like to cut back, with out nutritiant depravaition.

Its possibly a good thing as I do need to loose weight anyway. at the moment almost all my budget goes on chocolate and ready meals so I need to start somewhere.

feeling very inspired by the posts and I like the salmon and dill baked pot recipe so think I will start by buying that and some chicken, but no chocs impossible as i am addicted. I am aiming for £20 food bill. is this realistic? (sorry cant do red) on my Pc.
    :A
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Fab new thread. Thanks so much :j:j:j

December went pear shaped despite such a good start so I have no total to report because I don't know what my final spend was ! I was being really good keeping daily track of all spends then I fell ill thus keeping tracking, budgeting and planning went out of the window. :confused:
    Nevermind. January is a new month and its a new year :jso time to turn things around.

My budget for January will be £260.21
    Both my freezers are extremely well stocked plus there are lots of things left over from xmas so if I can't keep to my budget above then I shall be very cross with myself.

I think I will try and food plan for the month as then at least I can estimate what my weekly spends will be.

Im well stocked on things like cat food, loo roll etc so this month should be easy (famous last words.....)

• patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hello all
    Can I please be added for Januarys challenge missed Decs but need to get back on track can you please put me down for £200
    good luck everyone will try to get on here everyday
    Frugal challenge 2024

• Hi all

Can I join for January? Mine will include food, toiletries, cleaning stuff. There are four of us so will go for £220 for the first month and see how realistic that is. Looking forward to the challenge. Thanks!! Here's to a more thrifty 2010 x
    Slimming World: SD: 2.05.16 SW: 13st10lb
    Goal: 11st 10lb by my birthday in August

• Back in for January...

£30 for 1 including toiletries, bog roll etc
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • becky170
    becky170 Posts: 857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My target for January is £110. Not got much left in my cupboards or freezer so going to have to do a bit of stocking up. I've also got to try and find lots of quick and healthey meals to make as January is going to be busy workwise and I don't want to have to resort to ready meals!
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £105/4000
  • Hi
    I am declaring my yearly spend at £1214.37 Just under my £12500 target. I did spend another £33 using Nectar points but am still pleased that I made it even though I had several family parties to cater for.

My target for 2010 is the same £1250.

Thanks to all the hard working people who keep this board running and a Happy New year to all and may you find many bargains.
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned that Sainsbury's have their Christmas puddings half price with a use by date of 2011, just right for next Christmas.
    Challenge 2 adults food and household.
    2009 £1214.37
    Target for 2010 £1250
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Been MIA during November and December :o

Can I re-join for £40 a week, thats for me, H, DS 4 and DD 17 months. That covers all food and toiletries but not my bulk buying meat at Costco.

I will try and keep H from popping to the supermarket at that tends to muck up my budget a bit :o
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Hi,
    Could you put me down for £230 this month please?
    Thanks for all your hard work with this challenge pink-winged. And Happy New Year and Good Luck everyone! :T
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family