January 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Rachel021967
    Rachel021967 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Third NSD this week which is very rare for me. Paid 2 weeks milk yesterday that came to £8.12. This leaves £103.78 to last the month. HELP!!!!!!!!
  • gailey wrote: »
    Well today did what hubby calls most depressing shpp ever had just £10 to spend in lidls and we running ver low now and payday not until 15th!
    was hard but got quite few tinned things,some fresh veg,frozen chips bread and milk!
    Im going have to be more imagainative with whats there!
    oh bit down we have hardly any nice food
    gona bake biscuit tommorow to cheer him up
    going to attemt veg curry know oh wont rate it.

off to upate sig to 44.60/200.
    Come on Gailey-throw it at us! What have you got??? Dont think of having to last until 15th-think in terms of planning out those 5 or 6 days mealplanning. Tell us all what you have and perhaps we can help???

Third NSD this week which is very rare for me. Paid 2 weeks milk yesterday that came to £8.12. This leaves £103.78 to last the month. HELP!!!!!!!!
    So you have approx £1 per person per day to spend plus what you have in your cupboards. At the beginning of the month you said you had lots in stock so there must be a way of managing this? Your anti fish/cheap poultry eater may need to go a little veggy and you meateater may or may not strike lucky but if you are hard up you all need to pull together. Maybe what you need above all else is a long chat-a list of meal ideas and let them pick? Only list meals you are prepared to cook which are affordable. Many of my main meals are only 50p per portion and Im sure that if I had to I could get by on £1 per day-especialy with storcupboard items. You need to believe in yourself though-maybe just plan one day at a time and try to use what you have already. we can all help you if you let us know more of what you are really needing.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Hi, Hope everybody is doing well.

I have done another shop at Mr. A today and it just seemed so expensive after yesterday's shop at Farmfoods

Spent £15.45 in total and it is just some fruit/spuds/onions/ milk etc... :eek:

Have updated my signature.. so £31.46 till now this month... which does seem a lot as it is still 22 days to go...

Do need to check cupboards for stuff now I think.. :confused:
  • Just seen an ad on t.v, the daily mail have got an offer on from tomorrow for free food from MrM, I'm sure it was token type thing and they are giving away 2 different items, didn't say what the items are:confused: wish I lived near a MrM

EDIT- I have just found a link for the daily mail free food offer at MrM

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=17515833&postcount=2
    Back on MSE again! to take control of my finances and not let it control me. :T May grocery challenge £41.96/140
  • Hi Folks,

Spent £17.52 on grocerys today bringing my total to £77.53/£90. Only £12.47 left for the rest of the month. It is going to be tough.

Take care

Money Fritter
    DFW#972 LBM2 (09/07/12) £25938.84; Current £23783.35;
    Credit Credit Card1 £128.47/£6424.24 (2%);
    Credit Card2 £443.86/£15663.25 (2.8%); Overdraft £0/£2500 (0%)
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 26,965
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Oops spent £101.35 - was aiming for more like £60! Also had a takeaway which I'm not counting on top...

I did cut out fizzy drinks completely
    Spent £1.49 on hazelnuts still but no crisps
    Did spend £5.50 of "gifts" oops - actually just looked at my receipt and was overcharged - so make that £3 on gifts and taking back an £8 item :eek:
    Spent £4 on ice creams... I know, I know but I did - yum
    £3 on muller corners - well they were on offer - I got about 12 for that!
    About £20 was toiletries, cleaning products, loo rolls, sink unblocker etc

So that leaves about £94 until end of Jan. It would be doable if I was more disciplined... there is plenty in the cupboards it is all about whether or not it gets eaten before replacements are bought lol! Must try harder I think.:eek: :eek:
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • Hi good morning.
    End of my first week ever. It went well.
    My aim was to spend no more than £55 in Asda. Total spent £45.60
    In addition spent £3 in a charity shop on a jig saw and tights

Extra spends (not in grocery challenge) £ 10 for spray tan £24.30 for manicure and eyebrow wax. All for last Christmas outing on 3rd Jan
    Mon to Fri NSDs

How do I add a signature?
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Miss-spent wrote: »
    Hi good morning.
    End of my first week ever. It went well.
    My aim was to spend no more than £55 in Asda. Total spent £45.60
    In addition spent £3 in a charity shop on a jig saw and tights

Extra spends (not in grocery challenge) £ 10 for spray tan £24.30 for manicure and eyebrow wax. All for last Christmas outing on 3rd Jan
    Mon to Fri NSDs

How do I add a signature?
    Well done on the spends. Never had a spray tan, manicure OR eyebrow wax :eek:, but I bet you look great now!
    To do a signature click on 'User CP'. located third along from right on the blue bar above the threads. Once in there you will see a list of choices, again in blue- 'Edit signature' is the one you want.
    hth
    Also I was wondering what month clubcard and dividend vouchers come out ? thanks x
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,677
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This weeks grocery spends came to £27.96. My freezer is very full, and I think I have enough bread and milk to last until next weeks big shop. I've missed reading a lot of the posts as I've been poorly with sinusitis and a chest infection.

I'll be making banana muffins tomorrow to take to work and share on Monday. They're the easiest cake I've ever made, and they never go wrong (it's a Nigella recipe). Everyone else buys cakes and biscuits, but after home made food, I think that those little boxes of dried up muffins taste awful.
  • natzini
    natzini Posts: 561
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got a food order in last Monday, should last us an extra week and a half to what we've had. Spent £72 with that as got a code for free delivery. Next one we get I have a £10 voucher off too! So I now have £53 left which we can easily do!

Un sou est un sou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport