Ryanair Tips - guide discussion

Former_MSE_Sally
Former_MSE_Sally Posts: 74 Forumite
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi folks,

We've written a new Ryanair tips guide and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thank you for your help!

MSE Sally

Comments

• Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    how about mentioning E-Dreams

some people will google Ryanair and 1st match is e-dreams then they book through them at a higher cost
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • Kernow666 wrote: »
    how about mentioning E-Dreams

some people will google Ryanair and 1st match is e-dreams then they book through them at a higher cost

Not since the ASA ruling last week. No more eNightmares on top of the ads. They've had to change their 'copycat' websites as well.
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    No, I don't find the guide useful, but then I don't think you need to play "tricks" to get good fares on Ryanair (or any other airline). I have a very simple approach to booking - read what you're agreeing to.

All the Ryanair stories do get pretty boring though, MSE do seem a bit fixated on them! ;)
  • tomtontom wrote: »
    No, I don't find the guide useful, but then I don't think you need to play "tricks" to get good fares on Ryanair (or any other airline). I have a very simple approach to booking - read what you're agreeing to.

All the Ryanair stories do get pretty boring though, MSE do seem a bit fixated on them! ;)

I agree, and some of the info in the article isn't even correct. MSEs obsession with branding paying for seat selection as a 'family tax' is wearing more than a bit thin now. You'd think they'd know better (but then again........... :eek:)
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Just obey the rules and you will be fine. Trying to outwit airlines usually ends in tears and ££££s.

When going away for a few days, less is more. You will ALWAYS bring more than you need, so keep it simple, and mix and match. Believe me, NO ONE will notice or even care if you wear the same thing twice or three times. Do you notice this in someone else?

A less than 100ml spray bottle of Febreze (decanted) is your VBF for freshening up items of clothing. They rarely get dirty, just a bit....

Buy your toiletries airside, or on site. All you need is your fave foundation and moisturiser and of course your toothbrush.

I bring one pair of walking shoes/trainers (wear them on the flight) and a pair of flats for nightime. That's it. If I need flip flops I can buy em for a few quid when there.

I am packing for a trip on RYR at the moment. All I can say is the extra bag is the business. It really is.

Happy hols everyone.
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Same as all the other airlines really...

They do seem to be geting more customer friendly recently and I'm quite happy to rank them alongside Easyjet, Monarch, and Jet2 instead of relegating them to the "will only travel with them if they're half the price".

My last booking (Spain to UK) was on the android tablet - no 'nexting' through pages of hotels, car hire, luggage etc, and no 2-point text about whether you want to be charged in euros or dodgy conversion rate, great improvement.

Would still go Easyjet if I was taking 2 weeks supply of baked beans in the hand luggage...
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    totally agree with if you do as they say you will be fine

that jacket though is ridiculous wouldn't want to be sitting next to that kind of passenger would you
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Kernow666 wrote: »
    totally agree with if you do as they say you will be fine

that jacket though is ridiculous wouldn't want to be sitting next to that kind of passenger would you

They're not going to smell too fresh after lugging that around for a few hours! ;)
  • tomtontom wrote: »
    They're not going to smell too fresh after lugging that around for a few hours! ;)

Perhaps we need some deodorant deals to go with it :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • chrismbt
    chrismbt Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sometimes the baggage size/check is on entry to the departure lounge, sometimes its at the gate desk where they check your boarding pass.

I usually travel with hand luggage only. If it's to somewhere where I need an overcoat I'll usually put my overcoat on for the check, maybe with a book or tablet and other things I need on the plane in a pocket, and then before getting on the plane, take it off, stuff it in my expanding suitcase/bag. There isn't usually much space to do so on the plane so I've done it in the jetway or stairway before now.

Remember you are allowed to carry one duty-free/airport shopping bag, by law, along with any luggage allowance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure