SF's road to MF/FIRE: Part I

Comments

• slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    JennyP wrote: »
    Happy shiny new diary!
    Have to admit I am rather jealous of you earning money from a blog and running online courses!
    Just looked up your blog and am looking forward to settling down for a good read this evening!
    It has taken me a long time to get to the point where I make a (tiny) bit of income online, but am working on increasing this. And thanks for looking at my blog! :)
    lixi wrote: »
    This sounds like a diary I need to follow! 2 small boys here too and one of the things on my hit list to do in the next few weeks is to move their money into a S&S ISA. I used to overpay our mortgage too but have a cracking rate now so looking at investments instead and hubs and I have just increased our pension contributions too. I follow a few FIRE pages and groups too.
    Ooh, we sound very similar! :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • slowlyfading
    Forumite
    Well, thanks for the welcome!

I feel like I need somewhere to keep my ideas and general ramblings together and this seemed like the best place. I don't know if I'll be able to get online each night to write anything, as DS2 is downstairs until around about 10pm at the moment so it's a case of juggling blogging, finances and here.

Positives today:
    • NSD
    • £31 dividend payment received
    • Yummy food day :D

I am slowly working on increasing income via different streams :) slowly but surely!
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • slowlyfading
    Forumite
    April 13th.

We've had a lovely family day today. Quite lazy too; was in my dressing gown until 11am! But, sometimes it is needed. And it was chucking it down with rain so didn't want to go anywhere.

Positive things today:
    - NSD
    - leftovers for lunch
    - freezer meal for tea - spag bol
    - watched more of The Killing

Happy Friday :)
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Happy new diary, SF. Thought you had disappeared altogether, so nice to see you back. :)

Awful weather today here in Derbyshire too. It's meant to be nice next week ... typical as Mrs. K. and I are away. :rotfl:
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi SF, I thought I'd commented but can't see it.Welcome back, hope you're feeling well and positive. Will have to catch up with your blog.
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • slowlyfading
    Forumite
    AlexLK wrote: »
    Happy new diary, SF. Thought you had disappeared altogether, so nice to see you back. :)

Awful weather today here in Derbyshire too. It's meant to be nice next week ... typical as Mrs. K. and I are away. :rotfl:
    Where are you going? :)
    CathT wrote: »
    Hi SF, I thought I'd commented but can't see it.Welcome back, hope you're feeling well and positive. Will have to catch up with your blog.
    Hello :hello: feeling better thanks, more determined :)
  • slowlyfading
    Forumite
    April 14th.

What a lovely day we've had :) we spent the day with my neighbour and her two children, so my two boys are absolutely shattered. DS1 has played for five hours non stop, and only stopped when we had to go home for tea. DS2 has gurgled and observed everyone all day, which apparently is equally as tiring ;)

Positives today:
    • NSD
    • Lovely neighbours
    • Sunshine!
    Happy Saturday :)
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    :hello: Happy new diary! Lovely to see you back with a shiny new diary!
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Sounds like a good day. We've had a brilliant family day today too.

We're going to Prague. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,820
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Glad that you had a lovely day.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure