Stash Busting 2017 - I WILL use my mountains of craftstash before buying more!

Comments

• nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    At least you've acknowledged the stash needs to be busted. (I have too). Haha.

I have sewn up a load of scraps into a quilt top. I looks epic. So impressed to say it was a £1 bag of scraps from a quilt show a few years back. I'd already made a tree hanging from them too. It needs to be quilted - but I'm impressed I've got as far as I have.

I have also been shopping bought some wadding for the two quilts tops I've sewn. I also bought a super cheap thin blanket for wadding another one. I have an issue of what fabric to use to back one of them - one which would go beautifully - but I want to use to make a skirt and others that I'd be happy to use - but that wouldn't match quite as well.

54 / 500.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    33975178933_70226386e7_m.jpgReiss & 3 more baby boy cards by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr

Used up a teeny bit of stash on these today. It's not even a drop in the ocean!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • magical
    magical Posts: 894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    morning. I've been in hospital so haven't done any crafting.Loving all your makes. I need to make a stash of birthday cards as i have none.

Hope you all have a good day x
    Comping for christmas x
    Thankyou to all posters:D
  • greentiger
    Oh magical, I hope you are recovering. Making cards or doing other crafts is a good way to relax, I find.
  • nimbo
    I have some backing fabric for the two quilt tops I have made. I'm hoping to get one of them finished today at least.

So far this morning I have sawn up a head board to make three shelves. They need sanding and will also need a lick of paint - but that's good. I also have a table I want to put a resin top on - which will need a lick of paint. I'm justifying the purchase of the paint.

It's not exactly loads done so far - but I'm impressed that I've done some sawing.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
  • greentiger
    nimbo, anything involving wood is an aspect of crafting I just cannot get into, no matter how much I try to convince myself; too much like work I think.

Well, first bunting of the year is done.
    34762473906_75b8c05be0_m.jpgReiss's bunting by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr

I've looked out pink fabrics for a baby due in early July. I think I have almost enough - including the backing. I'll have a proper look tomorrow and then I'll design the top accordingly.
  • nimbo
    i hope you're feeling better magical. My fella has been in this week - so I got two unplanned days off work - but they weren't fun ones. Haha.

I love the bunting. I'm hoping to make some for the edges of the shelves that I will be putting up in my craft room. I'm thinking it will probably be book pages on ribbon though.

I'm not into the hard work with wood. But hate waste and like to upcycle furniture and paint it etc. My partner works with children who like to destroy furniture. I'd asked of they broke any sets of drawers could I have the wooden drawers form the carcas. But they haven't broken any furniture on request. So I ended up with a wooden headboard. Ive only had to saw down the end of the planks to use the boards. So dead simple so no measuring and no figuring out of angles. It will take some sanding and painting. But I'm looking forward to having them up.

I'm going to get my partner to put the shelves up - or at least I'm hoping to. Once they're done. I have however realised i have some paint that will work on the shelves. So saved some cash there. I will still at some point need to get some different paint for the little table I'm doing.

I have completed the scrappy quilt top with backing from stash. So two thing used up - yay. I dis but the wadding - but I knew I'd have to st some point. Bought some backing fabric over the weekend - but as there wasn't 2 meters she gave me what she had - which is about 7 cm too short. So I have added to the stash accidentally and still need to finish off the Christmas table runner.

56 / 500.

• magical
    magical Posts: 894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 May 2017 at 4:32PM
    yes i'm getting there thankyou.Made a card the other day so thats 5/20

I have lots of ideas to craft but can't get my brain into gear to start anything.Maybe its not the right day to craft x
    Comping for christmas x
    Thankyou to all posters:D
  • greentiger
    I shortened curtains for my daughter-in-law (why did I not say "for my son?") this afternoon and then I cut some fabric for another baby quilt. I was delighted to find I have enough for top and backing. I THINK I have wadding too, but I'll need to check.
  • nimbo
    I hope you're feeling a bit better magical. And that the crafting bug gets you.

You've been busy GT. I hope you have the wadding. But if not it's not cheating to finish off projects. (Or at least that's how I'm viewing it). G

I've seen some inspiring leather bound journals. I may whip up a few. I've loads of pages cut and sooooo much leather. I still need to make a small shelf to sit in the alcove where I keep my leather. so that may be on the cards this week. I do need to buy a drill bit - lost one the right size. Which is driving me mad. I'm thinking I may not be able to do the shelves today as it's about to chuck it down with rain - and I don't want to get wet or the wood to get wet as I chop wood up in the garden.

I hope you're all really busy crafting and it's not too wet where you are.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport