Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Good Afternoon Dear Diary...

Well that's Blue Monday done.. actually it wasn't very blue apart from my skin from the cold.. gosh it was bitter here today... I am going to be one of those old people who live abroad in the winter and come to the UK in the summer.... Old people.. who am I kidding I shall be one of them before I know it.. :eek:

Yesterday didn't quite go to plan.. I did get my niece cuddles and saw lovely mother who is ill again, but I think its just a cold this time so hope for a quick recovery...!

Yesterday DD and mate didn't get back until 5.30 and by the time I had finished being mum taxi and doing the ironing I couldn't be bothered to cook homemade Toad in the hole... so we had sausage, egg, chips and tomatoes instead and very lovely it was too...!!

Tonight I am making a pasta bake with the remaining sausages as I also have some rocket lying around and half a bag of mozerella.... OH isn't that keen on pasta.. well tough that's what I'm cooking..!!

He did come back from the pub having won on the meat raffle, but had left it behind.. durr.. so he went back to collect his winnings.. pork steaks.. so into the freezer with them and a stir fry another day...

Still working through the freezer.. have added a few items but generally being good and avoiding the ys purchases...

No money news.. 10 days till payday..... gosh its a long month...

Might have to take another half day friday... so not keen on this full time working.....shame I have been doing it for 30 years now.. well bar a little bit of reduced hours for a year when I had childcare issues....

Off to play with my sausages...:D

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    deep_freeze.gif.... I have shut myself in the lounge in the hope that the heat will stay with in as I can't afford to have the CH running all day just for me.... Oh hang on.... OH is here....:mad: decided he fancied a day off.. so has gone back to bed..... On the upside at least I haven't got sky news blasting over and over again on the TV...

Could really do with the money fairy this week.. funds are dropping rapidly and I'm not sure how I'm going to stretch what I have got.. really don't want to dip into any savings.. Could have done with £20 dd had at the weekend as I need to pay for a 'cheap' meal with lovely mother tomorow night... assuming she's well enough as she now has a cold... Oh well I expect I will manage.. It would help if everyone would stop eating in this house. everytime I look I need to write more items on my shopping list... I do have about £60 of M & S gift cards so could use some of that, which to me is preferable to withdrawing savings..... will see how the day pans out...!

Mum's taxi off out again tonight as dd is off to the cinema.. I bought her and her friend a cinema gift card for christmas so won't cost me any money... :D and tomorrow she is at work so more taxiing around...

9 days to payday.. still counting..... can't wait for a nice short month so I can catch up with myself.. also get the 2 months free from CT but want to use that for my March City break spends.... well that's the current plan... and my paltry payrise should be in Jan's pay packet.. not sure it will go far mind..!!

I have decided to write January off with regards to NY resolutions, I always make them and can't stick to them.. this month is sooo long and drab and cold.. So February is going to be my NY....

Right best get on with some work.. HSshiver.gif

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Well yesterday turned into one of those days .... Started off in the afternoon when the police knocked at my door... :eek:

There had been an attemped burglary next door but one.... 2 youths woke up the occupant of the house trying to get in the back door.. this was at 3pm in the afternoon....:( we had a spate of burglaries about 5 years ago and this particular house got done then.. Makes me all anxious and it doesn't take much to send me wobbly..!! I keep checking my back door... I don't want to leave the house and typically I have to as I have commitments today and mum cabbing tonight so will be out from 4.30 till 9.30...

DD lost her gift card.. :mad: being a teenager she knows best and although I must have said at least 3 times zip up your pocket, somewhere after using it to get into the cinema and getting home it has gone...Not much I can do about it, I have emailed the cinema just in case someone found it but I don't hold out much hope... So that's £10 just thrown away..

I am hoping for a better day today.. need to go and collect my new fancy phone.. :rotfl:£5 from Tesco...! Have ordered a sim and will do a PAYG, just useful for dd and lovely mother to be able to contact me whilst dd lugs my phone around until we can replace her's next month..

According to Martin's email M & S have there dine in for 2 offer on, so I may pop into town briefly at lunchtime and have a quick look.. although according to M & S website its not on....

Have spent the early part of the morning cleaning the wooden floors through the kitchen and hall as OH brought his muddy wheelbarrow and muddy footprints all through it this morning... and have stripped my bed and currently on first tumble as it was in the wash at 7am..

Right onwards and upwards.. back to check one poll.. I've finally got over the £30 barrier so 3/4 of the way there..

8 days till payday and 4 days until next update from SC with new dmp debt balance... That will be my 15th payment.. doesn't time fly when your having fun...!!

Love puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Gosh you have been busy this am Puzz! All I have managed is the school run and load dishwasher and am struggling - so tired as hardly slept last night.

Next jobs is blitz kitchen and am going to roast chicken this morning so can strip and use for meals this week.

Always a worry about burglaries - I always get really paranoid when I see cars parked in the parking bay about half a mile up the road - we were broken into 20 years ago and it was horrible - the whole area was "done" with about 20 break-ins in about 3 days. Since then garage has also been broken into twice - taking mowers and garden equipment. Its really hard now with the private couriers delivering parcels - I write down number plates all the time!

Have a lovely day :)

Love n hugs
    NOAh
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Puzzcat
    Hi Noah,

Because I work from home a lot and I'm also rather nosey I am amazed I didn't see anything!! I always seem to know what the neighbours are up to but completely miss the bad people commiting crime.. :o

My busy morning did not result in a busy afternoon, unless you count 1 load of washing and sorting the bins out...! I did do some proper work too...!!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    All change again today.. must be a wednesday thing.. so not going to cuddle nieces and eat pasta with lovely mother as dd is not working tonight... The postive's -

I don't have to go out driving in the dark/rain.. :D

I won't spend £10+ on meal with lovely mother.. :D

I get to sit in my lovely house watching trashy tv.. (CBB..) and eating fish fingers as I didn't have a meal planned for tonight for me.. :D

And I shall go to bed early in my nice clean bed, instead of being wide awake at 10 as we are usually on a weds after work and then staying up too late....:D

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    :jone week to pay day... :j

I don't like 5 week months.. particularly when oh's contribution is a bit less and dd's social life is a bit more...!! Still I am stretching my pennies out this week by using my christmas M & S gift cards.. in fact the milk in M & S is cheaper than what I pay at my local sainsbobs...!

Think i will pop into town again today and use my card to purchase a nice bottle of wine for when my neighbour comes in tomorrow for a catch up.... This will mean I still have £15 in my purse for anything else that crops up before Oh coughs up again.. hoping tomorrow so I can shop on Saturday morning..

I have decided I need to build up a reserve to cover next christmas.. (bit like you steph...!) so that if Oh isn't working I have money available.. don't get me wrong I do have savings I could use so am lucky in that respect but would really rather not touch them unless I have to as they all have specific catagories.....

So on payday I shall sit and work out how I can split my money even further..! :)

I need to be brave and do my meter readings as well as last time I did them they put the dd back up and I'm worried with the cold weather we have had that it will go up again.... Maybe I'll do it this afternoon...!

Had a lovely chilled evening last night, was in bed by 9.30....I'll probably do the same tonight.. and then it will be the weekend... well nearly...

Have booked 3 more days off work, 2 in the half term and added another onto my break when I go off with lovely mother in March.. that leaves me 2 days to take at random before the end of march...

Lovely mother .. I am worried about her, she seems to be on permenant repeat at the moment and i don't know if its down to being poorly for so long with bugs or something more sinster.. I must have spoken/texted with her at least 6 times last night and she still asked me to ring this morning so she could tell me something again... i will try to chat to Bruv and SIL on the weekend to see what they think...

Right best get myself moving...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Re: the reserve for next Christmas - I've joined the £1 a day for Xmas2015 (although I'm doing £2). I'm finding that it is easy to save a quid even on a tight budget and I saved £500 in 2014 which was a great help towards the cost of Christmas. Looking to save £1000 this time.

Ellie xx
  • Puzzcat
    Good Morning Ellie,

Lovely to see you... I already save for christmas presents/food etc its the not knowing how long OH is going to be not working for I have a problem with..! He does still 'pay me' as such but it can be a lesser amount or late.. Like today.. I want to go and do my food shop but will have to either wait till tomorrow in the hope he has cash or move some of my savings around temporarily.. it is this I would like to save for...! I also save my £1's for dd's driving lessons fund.. I have far too many savings pots and not enough pennies to stretch...!!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    :jIts Friday.. and I have booked a couple of hours off this afternoon, so a nice short day for me.....!

Right I have been playing with figures...

As of today I have 90 months left on my dmp if everything stays as it is... so this is what I have based my milestones on.. Now I know life happens and everything rarely goes to plan but it is always good to have something to aim at..

So...

Assuming life stays the same..and I don't up my payments at all to my dmp (which is unlikely..)

November 2013 Starting debt £60062

In January 2015 I have paid off 13.3% and have 90 months left
    In January 2016 I will hit the mid 40k's and have paid off 25%
    In January 2017 I will have fallen into the high 30k's
    In January 2018 I will have paid nearly 50% off...
    In January 2019 i will be in the mid 20k's
    In January 2020 I will be in the high teen k's....
    In January 2021 I will have paid off 80%
    In January 2022 I will have 7% left to pay and be under 5k...

Well that's all looking lovely, just got to hope that life doesn't throw too many curved balls at me on the way...!!

Of course I will finish paying my family loan in 23 months so that will free up £200 a month... Don't think I will be able to throw it all at the debt as dd may/may not be at uni and requiring financial help.. we shall have to wait and see....!

Well that was fun...!

Last night dd had a major wobble about all sorts and is really not sure she wants to go on this big trip next year... well she has a few days to decide because we need a decision before the next big payment due 1st Feb and would have to give the company enough notice as I certainly wouldn't want to have to throw anymore money away.. I believe we would lose the deposit paid which was £350ish.. lovely mother paid, so between us all we would have to pay her back..watch this space....
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business