Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

Comments

• whats
    whats Posts: 22 Forumite
    Applied Saturday. It said my passport number was wrong - even though I checked it 6 times.
    Waiting on manual checks. No email/calls yet.

If they use faster payments - even if they reduce to 1.1% I would relocate cash.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    buffman wrote: »
    I have been told to ignore the email requesting me to upload some photo ID.

Been asked to send them online photo id proof (passport or driving license). Not sure why as I have never been asked for any photo id for any of my other accounts.

Do they actually require copies of my driving license or passport not the actual driving license or passport ? Can I also just supply them with my driving license number or passport number ? I may just phone them up to ask.
  • bugbyte_2
    bugbyte_2 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    They didn't accept a UK driving licence, the two options were a European identity card and a passport. The Passport no is misleading, as it is the very long string of characters along the bottom line of the photo page not the 9 digit passport number at the top (although that is included in the long set of characters).
    Edible geranium
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Hi all,

Spoken to UB and they have advised me to go to a local Nat West or RBS and they will scan my passport and bank statement to UB/
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Applied last night online - Didn't ask for any ID, but after completing step 4 it gave some very generic information. Saying if you have received your sort code and account number the account is open. That was it. No e-mails and nothing further.... ??

This was the page I got - http://digital.ulsterbank.co.uk/personal/savings/instant-access-accounts/eSavings/eSavingsApply/eSavings-applicationconfirmation.html

Is that normal ?
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ulster Bank are now offering an Easy Access savings account paying 1.25% per annum, which easily beats all other offerings for accounts of this type. Funds can be withdrawn anytime with no penalty.

Opened and operated online. Minimum balance £1, maximum £5 million.

Available to UK residents of 16 or above.

This would be useful to hold short-term money which is to be drip-fed into a regular saver account (or accounts).

(This has been mentioned on the Instant Access Savings Account Discussion thread, but I thought a separate thread would be useful to highlight this account).

Thanks Hattie :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    darren72 wrote: »
    Applied last night online - Didn't ask for any ID, but after completing step 4 it gave some very generic information. Saying if you have received your sort code and account number the account is open. That was it. No e-mails and nothing further.... ??

This was the page I got - http://digital.ulsterbank.co.uk/personal/savings/instant-access-accounts/eSavings/eSavingsApply/eSavings-applicationconfirmation.html

Is that normal ?

Yep IME that's normal.

I was already an Ulster customer and received an internal message within their internet banking the next day to confirm the opening.

One thing I would watch out for for new applicants is the initial funding. As I funded straight away (from a Tescos account) only to see two days later (when the account had appeared on my online banking) that the payment had been bounced back.

I subsequently made another payment (two days after account opening) with the same details and it was safely received.
  • Anyone received reader/card yet....How long did it take from opening ?
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Anyone received reader/card yet....How long did it take from opening ?

Got mine 3-4 working days after opening.
  • retiree
    retiree Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    As I write, the online application sticks on the very first question: 'Would you like a sole or joint account?'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback