Symbio Energy feedback

Comments

• fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ...why does all that Companies House gubbins put you off?

Google the directors, check out llps

Like Tafrock I am 'uneasy' about signing up with them - time will tell. I've just signed up with Yorkshire Energy on their Green Goose Tariff
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 April 2019 at 3:49PM
    I am certainly not going to stress too much over switching to them. I am not paying in advance and the dd is set at my level of usage. I have learnt my lesson with Extra Energy not to overpay. The worst that can happen is they go broke and I am transferred to another operator. I would then just move to another competitive supplier.
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Biggus_Dickus Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    fewkeste wrote: »

Like Tafrock I am 'uneasy' about signing up with them - time will tell. I've just signed up with Yorkshire Energy on their Green Goose Tariff
    I was one of YorkshireEnergys very first customers when they started up last year;...at the time there were many doubters about how long this ‘new kid on the block’ would last but I’ve had no problems at all whilst I’ve been with them.

I’m not sure if fledgling companies are any more prone to failure than some of the more established ‘minnow’ energy suppliers tbh;... many of the older ‘minnows’ bit the dust in the latter part of 2018.

2018 was a torrid time for all the energy suppliers,...perhaps a new company is not such a risk???...they’ve all got to start somewhere.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

2018 was a torrid time for all the energy suppliers,...perhaps a new company is not such a risk???...they’ve all got to start somewhere.

What concerned me with Symbio, was that their leccy tariff for my area was almost as low as the Iresa tariff I was on last July (when they failed ) and lower than the tariffs of both Usio and One Select (who have subsequently failed) - decided didn't want to be with a 4th failure and went with Yorkshire Energy (with fingers and toes crossed:rotfl:)
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Biggus_Dickus Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    brewerdave wrote: »
    What concerned me with Symbio, was that their leccy tariff for my area was almost as low as the Iresa tariff I was on last July (when they failed ) and lower than the tariffs of both Usio and One Select (who have subsequently failed) - decided didn't want to be with a 4th failure and went with Yorkshire Energy (with fingers and toes crossed:rotfl:)
    You’ll be fine with YE;...you can trust Yorkshiremen,...they’re as honest as the day is long,...not sure about the nights though! :eek:
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    fewkeste wrote: »

Its Green Gosling tariff now, might be worth asking to swap..
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've bitten the bullet and transferred from powershop to symbio on 1 year fixed dd April 2019 tariff.

Impressed with instant response and account manager name and number forwarded to me. I become a customer on April 24th
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    boatman wrote: »
    Its Green Gosling tariff now, might be worth asking to swap..

No, for me Green Gosling is about £25 more per year than Green Goose.
  • Dear all,

I have been a customer for a while now and they have always been the cheapest and actually really good customer services.

I was also really surprised that do not tie us into a long term contract, and what I have found is that as they are the cheapest, i have never had a reason to switch.

highly recommend them!
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 April 2019 at 10:40AM
    How long is a long time nik v. I thought symbio had only been going 3 or 4 months
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback