New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Comments

• Morning all, Monday again. 2 more weeks until I can get the remortgage arranged.....

It's a very busy week, workwise, but I've got lunches prepped and a meal plan for dinners written, so hopefully that will help ease the stresses from elsewhere.

MSE type things to look at this week -

- get another box of books and stuff ready to send to Ziffit
    - look at options for selling a gold wedding ring (not mine, but one I have no emotional attachment to, so one I can happily let go).
    - look at requirements for local "cash for clothes" place to see if that is a viable alternative to [EMAIL="eb@y"]eb@y[/EMAIL] and the charity shop for some less smart stuff.

- and generally continue to work at the clicks and surveys and try and add a few more ££ into the money-for-nothing pot.

Have a good week everyone!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    . It was, I am ashamed to say, only the first time I had been to Aldi. I was quite impressed

Did you buy face cream?:)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • I didn't, but I did check it out and when I've properly run out of my usual stuff I shall be right there!

I've had £18 from the b!ngo win plus £5 from sw@gbucks hit my account today. Another £5 has been requested and I've done my various available surveys while DH is at work. I also sold the ring at a local gold dealer so am very pleased to have done that for several reasons.

All in all, a reasonable day. DH's train is delayed because of the storm but as long as he is home safe all will be well.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope DH got home safe and sound.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Thanks, beanie. He was very delayed but got home eventually, after several unscheduled detours and train changes. We were eating our dinner at gone midnight so this morning I am a bit tired, and have a very long day at work with a client event on this evening that I also have to attend. A coffee kinda day today!

Yesterday was a NSD and I was lucky enough to get a lift into work with a neighbour today so the bus fare saving will go into the pot too. I caught a decent prolific survey first thing so that was a good start to the day. It all helps me on my mission!!

Have a good one!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm glad DH got home okay yesterday - I was travelling to London on a day trip, but the trains were fine in this direction.

In mse news - I've decided which unlocked Samsung Galaxy I'm going to get, so after all my dental work is finished, I'll be raring to go :) I'll check your referral code is still valid - I did have an sb account, but never with a mobile, and I closed it anyway. We'll see.

Hope the coffee tastes good today :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • I love sb, so my referral code will definitely still be valid!

The coffee is tasting necessary rather than good today......that says all it needs to say, really!!

Onwards!
  • beanielou
    Onwards indeed :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Well, I knew it was too much to hope rates would stay rock bottom - the rate I have had my eye on has increased slightly.....from 1.99% for 5 years to 2.09%. Not the end of the world and still a fair bit lower than my current fixed rate......but I would have preferred for them to have waited just a couple more weeks!!!!

Oh well, at least I can stop fretting about it - it is less likely to increase again before the end of the month I guess!
  • beanielou
    Well thats true but still a bumble bee :(

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure