Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wendyak wrote: »
    so yours worked ? ...very interesting x

It did and sign was up will look tomorrow:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 January 2018 at 6:15PM
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Savvy....

Did a muggle shop in M while there.
    I think the prices are a lot higher than my previous visit.
    I like the bakery though......

That could well be true, it depends on what you are buying. If you are buying items that were on offer but no longer are, and SELs have been changed, they will be higher!

I have been throwing the towel in until now with the M list. I did end up visiting M last Wednesday, irrelevant now, in the last hour of the day, although I didn't manage to finish and missed out all the H&B:rotfl:. I have done further visits to other stores, not on price collection days, to try to get me up-to-date so that, in theory, I don't have too much to change when I finally do go out and do a proper collection. However, I am still yet to update my information to 3rd January - it will eventually be done, just so I don't have a weeks-old list when I finally go out, now expected to be on 24th January, but the list really won't be reflective of anything other than the stepping stone to the 24th for me - I wouldn't be relying on it in the meantime even if I update it!

I do not know whether the Redskin peanuts will be 64p tomorrow - though I now note they are online so should be able to be tracked through there - my thought has been that they may not have been on last week as that price was seen on Thursday (Trail Mix is also £1 in M - possible Avs M) and therefore I have carried the Redskin Peanuts over to potential Monday 8th price - will probably be over by the time I get back to my stores on 24th:rotfl:. I have been waiting for the 600g Salted and Dry Roasted to go to £1 - however they have been stubbornly full price and 2 for £4. I now see the 2 for £4 offer is online as supposed to run until July:(; it looks like we may not even get the post-Christmas RTC this time. I've also been waiting for/hoping the Jacob's Cheddars/
    Cheeselets/Twiglets cartons would go to 50p - however it's been no good as they had gone only to £1 RTC last week and the general public in their wisdom had been buying them out already at that price:(. Therefore, this year (end 2017/beginning 2018), it seems we have the multipacks of Mini Cheddars instead, on the 3 for £3 with Ketchup crisps at A. No good on the cartons in M it seems - many of mine were sold out at £1, lucky if they go to 50p and have any left.

The Flash 120 wipes, on offer the week before last, went back to full price and the offer seems to have gone onto the 60 pack. They seem to have gone from one to the other and back again. The Pot Noodles seemed to go from the 4 pack that I mentioned earlier at £2 - was I believe £3.50 full price on Wednesday - to the individual 90g pots at 50p, but useless anyway as the 50p price was not even picked up on the APG on at least Original Curry - had it on a womble, where they bought in multiple and it returned at £1 each for M - gave me £2.20 against T and not £2.80 vs M:(. Seeing the Pot Noodle didn't even work, I hadn't even got to putting it onto the list and then gave up. I will eventually, again as I said last time, get my old information onto the list - such as it has not already expired by the time I come to get it there - but obviously I would not rely on it.

Saying that, though, I have actually deleted off the list what had expired last week, so it is (as of last Wednesday) updated - it is just that anything new has not been added. I had a problem a week before trying to clear out the crossed-out items: I didn't want to remove them from the list, but keep them there as crossed out, in case I didn't need to print the whole list again and needed them there to update my hard copy version for the check instore next time. There may not have been enough change to justify reprinting so I kept onto them not wanting to remove them - however there has now been enough change, weeks later, that I've removed the expired crossed-out items completely already and will now be getting rid entirely of anything that I find expired and updating when I get the motivation to do it - I won't even be using bold this time as it will already be on for some time I would imagine by the time I get there and then take the whole list, once 'updated' to old, to check on 24th (currently that date, could be the week before - I don't think I will be going to M tomorrow (nowhere near updated to last time in any event)).

I have just been having several days off and taking a break away from the list for the New Year. The trouble is by the time I get to wanting to update it every day, it is four or five o'clock in the afternoon, then gets interrupted by tea for two hours and then I come back at eight and then it's late in the day.

The potatoes and veg. that were on offer around Christmas are obviously now back to more normal prices. Those are making things for me look very dear and I'm even not buying any of them anymore due to the prices having gone up - I've gone out of sprouts in the freezer and 95p seems very dear so I have not bought any and we still have none (still wasn't 10% cheaper than M's old price of £1 and now seems M have gone up to £1.08!:eek:, so 90p (having had much cheaper fresh produce over Christmas) to 95p (keep away from APG) now seeming well dear). I will eventually have to have them at their now seemingly no good prices. They just seem way dear now at normal prices:rotfl:.
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    ALL UNTESTED

3 for 2 Simple Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Night Cream and also the Day Cream (50 ml)
    Unfortunately a Morries comparison, A.£5.49, Morries £3.00

Would work out at 87p each.

I don't know why you say "Unfortunately" - the Morries comparisons are the only ones that work for me:rotfl:. I only say that as my comps. versus T have been more failures - although, saying that, my Walkers Crackers crisps did work yesterday - where M comps. don't work for me is on wombles. My own shops are fine vs M, well, generally:rotfl: - even had to resort to £4 ordinary Finish dishwasher cleaner vs M recently - running out and no glitches been around:( - I was hoping they would even have 2 for £5 price in A and be able to buy them outright with a few wombles but, no, they are £4 (and do they seem to have been filled with water to anyone else? I'm sure they look watered down, anyway...) - instead of even 2 for £5 (£2.50 each) in A they have them at expensive £4 and forcing me to do an APG comp. shop to get them any cheaper:mad:. I know, own label would have been (slightly) cheaper, but I needed something worthwhile in APG back. Anyway, my M comp. did work.
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    I did have the small tin of beans on my M list (thanks for letting me know about it), obviously the only good item with 300 points. I have now had to remove it. Never mind - they noticed their offer was wrong (for them!) and pulled it:((:rotfl:).
  • midwinter
    midwinter Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://www.yha.org.uk/special-offer/free-breaks-families

YHA are offering a free two-night stay with meals in our Youth Hostels in England and Wales to families struggling with financial hardship, disability, long-term illness, bereavement, homelessness or other challenging circumstances, to enable them to have some quality family time.

Plese see their web page for more information.
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    I blame ILTS :p

IMG_1918.jpg

Seriously though thanks ILTS. I didn't partake in getting gift sets before Xmas in As at least this way I don't have to remember to use any APGs :T

Just hope my Jacobs arrive, none in store.

Anyone wanting huge Panetonne in lovely Xmas tins £1.25 I didn't buy one and can't see they sold all they had in bmth today. ;)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hopefully those who wanted beans got some before they changed the offer.

Sorry it is over for anyone who missed out.

From my own perspective I hope they haven’t reversed my vouchers!

Anon
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Hopefully those who wanted beans got some before they changed the offer.

Sorry it is over for anyone who missed out.

From my own perspective I hope they haven’t reversed my vouchers!

Anon

Well they shouldn’t t do but it depends how many you bought I suppose.

Thanks to the op who posted a pic showing exactly where the contactless part is on the Santander atm . I managed a couple there today .
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    Free Dominions !!!!a tomorrow on WonTwo
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-dominos-pizza-wuntu-10012018-three-mobile-customers-2874051

Coughee was good 2day, been a while since I had them from Nerd.

My plans tomorrow, lunch - pizza
    Evening - pizza
    Turdsday lunch - reheated pizza

I think Emerald may have same, apart from re-heated :-)
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Wow tinyshoes!
    Nothing like that in my store.
    Just bits of Christmas decorations and tree lights.

Only few bits local to me too but just by going bit further to Bmth I hit jackpot ;). To be honest the Wilko there is tucked away from the main stream. Picked few rolls of wrap 50p but I bet it will go down more so much there. Trouble is parking is soooo expensive, I've spent £5 total today in both towns. :(. Usually I park somewhere free and walk into bournemouth along the gardens but today wasn't a day for doing that, I wouldn't have made it back :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure