Madasafish Questions/answers (merged threads)

Comments

• cheghead
    cheghead Posts: 849 Forumite
    Hi Samara

just pm'd you with question, could you check for a reply?
  • cheghead
    Thanks for reply. Will sign up today!
  • cheghead
    Just Signed-up!
  • Welcome to Madasafish!

Please feel free to PM me at any time if you have any queries regarding set up and installation - I'm happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    cheghead wrote:
    Just Signed-up!
    WOO-HOO.
    That must mean you got your MAC key, I hope.
    As for me, I connected new modem to laptop and I think I connected ok to Madasafish. Difficult to tell though. Samara can you advise how I can check? When I first connected modem, couldn't connect but put in MAAF username and password and hey presto so I think it worked but a little part of me would like to see in capital letters connected to MAAF and not TT!

Tried changing username and password on netgear modem router to PC and no luck so will have to play around with that. I'm sure that I saw on another thread, that someone only had to change username and password and nothing else.But for now at least I have BB on laptop. I would like to do away with the free modem though so I hope it's just stupid me and not incompatibility with netgear.
  • cheghead
    Yep..finally got it thanks!
  • Hello Sloughflint,

With your existing router, you'll need to disconnect it from the Internet (or reset it) and then enter your Madasafish Broadband username and password.

To see if you’re connected to your services, you log into "My Account" from our homepage. Once in, click on "Monthly Usage" and you'll see if you're accruing usage.

Likewise you can PM me your username and I can check to see if you're accessing our network.

Welcome to Madasafish!

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Hello Sloughflint,

With your existing router, you'll need to disconnect it from the Internet (or reset it) and then enter your Madasafish Broadband username and password.

To see if you’re connected to your services, you log into "My Account" from our homepage. Once in, click on "Monthly Usage" and you'll see if you're accruing usage.

Likewise you can PM me your username and I can check to see if you're accessing our network.

Welcome to Madasafish!

Kind regards,
    Samara
    You are such a star. I think I will PM you. It's showing 0.0GB but then surfing just a few pages wouldn't even make 0.1GB so it would take a while to accrue. This is how untechnical I am. Would unplugging the netgear from phoneline be enough to disconnect. I am definitely going to have to get manuals out and do a bit of work. I'm sure I'll get there in the end.
  • mmm
    mmm Posts: 11 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of
    1.) having a fixed IP address and
    2.) accepting the offer of a free domain
    from Madasafish.
    I haver recently signed up with Madasafish and I am holding back on informing friends of my new email address until I have made the decision about the free domain offer.
    TIA
  • Hello Mmm,

I'll do my best to answer your queries:

What are the advantages and disadvantages of
    1.) Having a fixed IP address.

You can choose to have a free static IP address with Madasafish. The static IP address is mostly used by Online Gamers and those who work from home and their company requires the use of a static IP address for security reasons. There is no clear cut 'advantage' or 'disadvantage' to having a static IP address - If your work or the online games you participate in require you to have one, they're free for the taking.

2.) Accepting the offer of a free domain from Madasafish.
    There are two advantages of claiming the free domain name with Madasafish.

The first advantage is quite simple, with most ISPs when you get webspace, you have to find it by going to https://www.your_isp_name.co.uk/~yourusername. A free domain name used in conjunction with your free webspace will make your webpage more accessible and more memorable.

The second advantage is that it gives you the opportunity to create a truly memorable and unique email address. When you claim your domain, https://www.yourdomain.co.uk you get all the possible variations of email addresses that end in @yourdomain.co.uk. You will get a free email address that ends in @madasafish.com, but you don't need to use it. I personally recommend using the email address that ends in your free domain name. This will give you greater flexibility in the future as you won't be tied into an ISP for your email address. If you wish to change ISPs in the future, you can take your domain name with you.

If you visit this thread I've explained the benefits of the free domain name in helping manage Spam.

I hope that is helpful and please feel free to PM me or post again with any further queries.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
    Madasafish Customer Care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business