The (not so old) Crocks Cafe -Part 2

1187188189190191193»

Comments

• SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Major major step forward for middle son at the weekend....his band played publicly for the first time!

Not so huge normally but two members (one of them is middle son) have Aspergers and music has given them a channel for their aggression and something to chill them out. They loved it and now want to do more!
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Soolin...well spooky ! and weird ....
    SingleSue well done on sons band bet you were real proud !
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Certainly was.....he had another breakthrough on Monday, he took part in a jam session without his bandmates. Ok it took a lot of nagging by his friends but he finally did it.

Not bad for someone who has to rehearse to death every single thing he plays...and he appeared to enjoy it a fair bit which is even more important.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure