Winter fuel payment petition

johnwayne
johnwayne Posts: 221 Forumite
edited 13 January 2010 at 12:51PM in Disability money matters
Thought some of you on here would be intersested in signing this petition asking the government to pay the winter fuel payment to disabled people as well. Most disabled people find that cold makes their conditions worsen.

I know there have been other petitions in the past but it doesnt hurt to keep the pressure up on them does it!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/winterfuelforall/

Just to clarify that the petition asks that winter fuel payment is payable to all those who suffer from a chronic illness.

I am not the proposer of this petition I just came across it on the Fibromyalgia forum & thought it would be of interest to some.

Comments

• jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Thanks, put my name on it. :)
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Oh yes,this country is swimming with money. Pity the poor taxpayer. count me out.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Have signed this and put it on facebook, thanks for finding this, it is about time something was done. :j
  • Is this for real?

Even working taxpayers are struggling to pay heating bills right now.

Personally, I could do with some help :confused:
    Be happy, it's the greatest wealth :)
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Is this for real?

Even working taxpayers are struggling to pay heating bills right now.

Personally, I could do with some help :confused:

but some of us disabled people use more gas and electric.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Disabled can feel the cold as much as elderly especially if you have issues with circulation
  • TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    Would this be to every disabled person or people who just receive DLA? Would it be for everyone on DLA if not only certain criteria - those on lower rate care and mobility through to the high rate care and mobility or what?? It seems very vague and for some reason I'm not comfortable with it, although I receive DLA for both criteria.

Where does it end?! Yes I am finding it hard but so are others, people on low wages with families to feed, people living in damp and haven't any heating. I know it would be wonderful to receive winter fuel payment but this country is struggling through a recession!

Sorry, nothing against the op or anyone who signs.
  • So do working people.

I've had kids at home from school while I'm at work.

Obviously the heating has been on more, plus it's also been left on over night to avoid any pipes freezing up.

'Healthy' people can feel the cold, I for one, feel the cold more than others as I have a touch of raynards.
    Be happy, it's the greatest wealth :)
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So do working people.

I've had kids at home from school while I'm at work.

Obviously the heating has been on more, plus it's also been left on over night to avoid any pipes freezing up.

'Healthy' people can feel the cold, I for one, feel the cold more than others as I have a touch of raynards.

Except, you can walk to warm yourself up. People with mobility difficulties can't. Some of us also have problems controlling body temperature.

Since when did "I am disabled" equate to "I don't work"?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • TOBRUK wrote: »
    Would this be to every disabled person or people who just receive DLA? Would it be for everyone on DLA if not only certain criteria - those on lower rate care and mobility through to the high rate care and mobility or what?? It seems very vague and for some reason I'm not comfortable with it, although I receive DLA for both criteria.

Where does it end?! Yes I am finding it hard but so are others, people on low wages with families to feed, people living in damp and haven't any heating. I know it would be wonderful to receive winter fuel payment but this country is struggling through a recession!

Sorry, nothing against the op or anyone who signs.

No offence taken.

I am not sure where it ends. I just think that the government need to look into it.

I myself am not in receipt of DLA (although I am considering applying for it).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure