What's the strangest "substitute" item you've been offered on your home delivery?

Comments

• tesco once substituted one 200g jar of hazelnut chocolate spread with 6 jars of 200g normal chocolate spread.

wouldn't have minded if the others were free, but why on earth would they do that?!
  • PMSL at this thread :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • nappies in a totally different size....my child didnt gain 2 years in age overnight bless her:eek:
    ***MSE...My.Special.Escape***
  • Thanks guys.....funniest thread in ages!! :j
    You'll make my day if I know I've been helpful to you in some small way,
    so please press my :T thanks :Tbutton x
  • morgani
    morgani Posts: 228 Forumite
    Had kitchen roll instead of toilet roll

Had spring water - instead of gripe water - somehow don't think this would have helped my daughters colic/wind
    Running challenge 2014 = 689k / 800k
  • 2 years ago ordered a turkey crown for 8-10 people from sainsburys for delivery on christmas eve , the driver turned up with a turkey dinner for 2 , microwave meal . I had to go out at 3pm looking for a turkey , i complained and was given a £10 voucher .
  • Not quite what the op title says but...
    My friend ordered 30 cadbury easter eggs at 99p from tesco for a birthday party and they delivered 30 extra large assorted ones total cost over £300!!!:eek:
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wow! cadburys eggs are not something I will ever take a chance on- £300 !! are they mad?!

I normally don't get things delivered insted, I have had afew substitutions, things like potatos insted of apples (??!) 3 brussel spouts when I asked for 4 bags of them, tinned soup insted of tinned plumed tomatos, coffee insted of tea (no need to explain the problem with that one, tea is NOT coffee) and full fat milk insted of skimmed.

But the worst was when I placed an order back when we were able to select "no" to substitutions: I ordered heavy stuff: tinned tomatos, 20 bottles of 2 liter diet lemonade and 10 bottles of other various heavy bottles: squash, water, wine, milk. I also ordered myself a fruit salad to eat that evening and a bottle of water for the gym the nest day. Ttotal order was £45 and I paid full delivery cost.
    I waited in ALL EVENING as the delivery was a 2 hour slot and if I went out, I would not be home in time.
    I got the fruit salad and the water....everything else was out. I complained, got a £10 voucher for an online store I will never use again. Tescos stole hours from my life, minimum wage says they owe me alot more the £10 as an e-coupon.

It almost ends here, only I had to then run out to the shops to buy stuff- like the milk, as I had been assuming the delivery would arrive. I went to the same store the drivers come from (I know this as my dad at the time used to work for them- though my dad did not deliver this to me). And low and behold: a store with everything stocked- running low, but enough to cover my delivery and leave some more in the store.

Speachless, yes, angry, very.
  • I ordered cumberland sausages from Tesco once and they sent a huge slab of sausagemeat instead...
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Many years ago I worked in an office which had a young lad that used to make the tea/run errands etc. One of his daily tasks was to go to the sandwich shop for everybody's lunch. He wasn't very bright so we all wrote down our food order for him just to hand over the counter. One time when he came back he plonked a cup of hot chicken soup in front of me... I hadn't ordered soup so checked with everyone else that it wasn't theirs before asking him... I'd ordered a jam doughnut but they'd ran out, so he got me chicken soup instead :rotfl:

Having read this thread, I think I know where he's working now!
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure