Reasonably priced places to eat easily accessible from Gatwick north terminal without a car?

Comments

• lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Yep that's what I thought, plus takaways probably wouldn't deliver to airports due to the strict parking rules.

is the premier inn inside the airport then? i've never been sorry
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    PompeyPete wrote: »
    I doubt it, and definitely not delivered to your room as you need a key card to access the accommodation areas.

I've stayed in a hotel where they will provide plates & knives and forks when you order a takeaway. They even have the menus behind reception.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    unforeseen wrote: »
    I've stayed in a hotel where they will provide plates & knives and forks when you order a takeaway. They even have the menus behind reception.

Yeah, but the OP is on about a specific hotel......Premier Inn Gatwick North. They want to flog their own meals, which aren't bad vfm, not provide knives, forks and plates for take-aways.
  • PompeyPete
    lindens wrote: »
    you wait outside in the hotel car park for it

No thanks.
  • PompeyPete
    lindens wrote: »

Yep, it's right opposite the main North Terminal Building, a minute or two walk from the free airport train shuttle to South Terminal and mailine train station. Usually vgvfm.
  • lindens wrote: »

All you have to do is cross the road and you are there, 2 or 3 mins from check in desks
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    We always count the meal at the Premier Inns at Heathrow and Gatwick as part of our holiday. It’s nice and relaxing to just stay in the hotel before an early departure, and we would not bother to go out looking for other places just to save a few quid, which might not be the case anyway. The Premier Inn Thyme restaurants have a reasonable selection of prices and food. Their sharing platter starters might be enough unless you want a full blown meal. Sharing a takeaway sitting on a bed wouldn’t appeal to be honest.
  • PompeyPete
    ibizafan wrote: »
    We always count the meal at the Premier Inns at Heathrow and Gatwick as part of our holiday. It’s nice and relaxing to just stay in the hotel before an early departure, and we would not bother to go out looking for other places just to save a few quid, which might not be the case anyway. The Premier Inn Thyme restaurants have a reasonable selection of prices and food. Their sharing platter starters might be enough unless you want a full blown meal. Sharing a takeaway sitting on a bed wouldn’t appeal to be honest.

It can be quite manic sometimes, big groups, boisterous children, and the like, which might take the edge off an enjoyable, relaxing meal.
  • interstellaflyer
    interstellaflyer Posts: 2,053 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 August 2018 at 6:06PM
    ibizafan wrote: »
    We always count the meal at the Premier Inns at Heathrow and Gatwick as part of our holiday. It!!!8217;s nice and relaxing to just stay in the hotel before an early departure, and we would not bother to go out looking for other places just to save a few quid, which might not be the case anyway. The Premier Inn Thyme restaurants have a reasonable selection of prices and food. Their sharing platter starters might be enough unless you want a full blown meal. Sharing a takeaway sitting on a bed wouldn!!!8217;t appeal to be honest.

I agree and that!!!8217;s what we would normally do and we would normally only do an overnight stay for an early flight, however, our flight is at 4:50 in the afternoon so we also have time to kill before our flight so I!!!8217;m just being tight and trying to save some money.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I regularly stop at the Premier Inn North Terminal - it's by far the best value and most convenient hotel at the airport.

The eating and drinking options nearby are fairly limited so I usually jump on a train to Horley, Crawley or Three Bridges were there are a selection pubs and other places to eat within walking distance of the stations. Of the three Crawley has the most options but is furthest away. I suppose you could eat in the Premier Inn but it's nice to get out of the hotel to stretch your legs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure