IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court Claim Form N1 Received for PCN 18 months ago

Comments

• Thanks nosferatu, I have acknowledged the claim online and as you mentioned, put nothing in the defence box.

I mentioned earlier that it was difficult to understand some of the example defences as it was mostly legal jargon. Coupon-mad mentioned that
    -you could pretty much copy a generic one, and still win!
    I guess this is the part that is most confusing, I'ver looked at examples of defences, not really understood them and been told that it won't go that far so I don't need to?
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Type "CEL defence" into the search function and find a recent one posted by another member that has received a thumbs up from the regulars.

You can pretty much copy that with little or no editing required.

Still post it here before sending in case any tweaks are needed.
  • Thanks Lamilad, I'll research those and post my defence as soon as I can Much appreciated
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    If it's a defence for a Ltd company Defendant, search also for a defence for a company. I am sure we had one only weeks ago, probably assisted by Edna Basher who posts about his company.

Hope you did the AOS in the company name, not your name, if you aren't the 'Defendant'?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yes, had a bit of a think on wether I should put my name, unfortunately I did as I believed it needed a persons name & as the director I would be defending the claim on behalf of the company. Guess that’s 1 clanger dropped :-/
  • Coupon-mad
    Ring the CCBC and explain that the AOS was done on behalf of the company.

Make sure the defence is worded as a company defendant = could not have been the driver.
  • 4.2 and 5.2 of the practice direction refer. Available via Google searching Acknowledge Service
  • Thanks guys, I’ll look in to this tomorrow & come back with an update.
  • Hi, I need help with a parking charge notice I revived from civil enforcement. I overstayed in a car park which had 45 mins free parking. The car park belongs to a doctors surgery which was closed and the car park was not been used by anyone at the time.
    I actually didn’t realise at the time there was a parking limit on this car park, after going back a did notice a couple of signs and an ANPR camera.
    They have issued me with a £100 fine which I’ve let lapse past the 28 days, I have received other letters and I point blank refuse to pay the fine which has not gone to £140.
    The reason for ignoring these letter is I have received a scam parking fine before so did think this was the same, also my wife is pregnant and she’s had a few difficulties so I’ve had lots of other things on my mind.
    I don’t want to end up going to court and putting any stress on my wife and my unborn child.
    Can anyone help with advice with weather a should ignore the letters and if I will end up in a county court?!
    Also I didn’t write an appeal to CEL on their website explaining eveytbing I have just said,I got a response which I feel they haven’t even taken my appeal into consideration within a few days so it was rejected and I still have to pay the £140!
    Please help anyone with advice
    Thanks Carl
  • Coupon-mad
    You need to delete that off tonkasdog's thread, as this is unfair. Start your own thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure