PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Weigh in this morning pleased to say a loss of 3lb which takes me to my currant target challenge. Just one more weigh in next Friday.

The Christmas tree is up, decorated with the usual things which includes 24 small numbered sacks which I stuff with chocolates. Normally I have to replace the chocolates well before Christmas day - not this year there are only two empty ones - that's a first in this household
    Also, I'm less than 7lb away from my DH but catching him up. I'm determined to be lighter than him. The only time I was less weight than him was when we got married 49yrs ago, :rotfl:
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    1.5 lb loss, I accept this is a bit 'artificial' as my usual weigh in day is Monday, so I've had longer to reach this total, if that makes sense, but naturally I am very happy!!!
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Arrietty … 3/8 :):):)
    BearPearSun … 0/4.4
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 7.48/13.2 :):):):):):):);)
    CathA … 0.8/4 ;):A
    CRANKY40 … 4.5/7 :):):):);)
    Dandy-candy … 2/6 :):)
    Debbiedodge1737 … 4/14 :):):):)
    Dolly84 … 3/10 :):):)
    Donnajt … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    Dumpling …9/15 :):):):):):):):):)
    Florence J … 2.5/7 :):);)
    Fuddle … 3/4 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 5.7/12 :):):):):);):A
    Gresleyrover … 0.4/5 :A
    Jules81 … 0/8
    Karcher … 4/7 :):):):)
    Katiepants … 2/20 :):)
    Knit Witch … 5.26/10 :):):):):):A
    Lynnejk … 7/8 :):):):):):):)
    Maisie M … 3/14 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 2/6 :):)
    Monnagran … 2/5 :):)
    PJ1 … 3.5/11 :):):);)
    Sa1sysoo … 0/14
    Short_bird … 7.5/6 :):):):):):):);)
    SIRENS … 7.5/16 :):):):):):):)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 2/13 :):)
    TiredTrophy … +4/10 :(:(:(:(
    Weewdy … 4/7 :):):):)
    Zafiro1984 … 14/14 :):):):):):):):):):):):):):D

7 st 13.64 lb :j:j:j:j:j:j:j :):):):):):):):):):):):):);)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just to remind you all that next week is the last weigh in for this challenge and then next one will start in the New Year (actually on the 6th if that helps at all), I will start taking sign ups from Monday next week (aka 18th December) :beer:
    Must use my stash up!
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    thanks knit witch for all your efforts xxx

minus 2 lb for me please havent been very well this week anyone else got the horrible cough ? i havent eaten much which is very unusual xxx
    onwards and upwards
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    tessie bear - there is a nasty cough and sore throat going around it seems, get well soon.

I seem to be on a slippery slope to Christmas and need to reign it in. I've cycled once and run once this week and will try to run today but at the moment the pavements are covered in a new coating of icy slush. I may do a T25 workout but I do hate working out indoors.

Meals today

B/F - readybrek with FF milk :eek:, coffee, half a small baguette with flora.

Lunch - protein shake with banana, yoghurt & granola.

Tea - mushroom stirfry with rice.

snacks will be fruit - oranges and persimmon.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 December 2017 at 9:29AM
    Ahem. I sneaked on to the scales this morning expecting them to say a little more as I've not been so very careful. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No. I'm not saying anything except that I exceeded all my expectations

See you much later.

Happy Christmas.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • thankyou dolly i went to aldi the other day and seemed to be lots of people coughing horribly esp little kids which is a shame

havent been out for much exercise this week....the paths are icy and i can do without a broken leg xx
    onwards and upwards
  • Hellooo,

well done to all who are either losing or maintaining!

I've been quiet recently as I'm failing at the moment; mainly due to being miserable and bored at work which are both giant triggers for stress eating.
    Add in a constant supply of sweeties/chocolate/mince pies brought in by suppliers, meal out with colleagues last Friday and another with friends on Monday and I may as well wrap myself in bacon and lay down on a roasting tray in the oven!

Never mind, once I've sorted my head out and overcome the glum I'll get back on it.

Keep up the good work :)

A
    SAVER o:)
  • monnagran wrote: »
    Remember me? Life is so manic at present that when, where,and what I am eating doesn't feature in my mental processe With the result that I've not weighed myself for some time.
    I did this morning.

When I had stopped sobbing I decided that there is no way I am going to lose weight for a while so I think I will abandon the unequal struggle and rejoin at the beginning of the next challenge., which I think is just after Christmas. I will try to limit the damage but at the moment I am too cold, too busy and too tired to make the effort.

Zafiro, I know just how you feel but you are more resilient than me. I don't have the energy to fight just now. You are doing well. Well done.

Just read this and wanted to offer some sympathy and support; I'm struggling with a few things at the moment too and I feel that by depriving my body of what it's craving is just adding to the misery spiral so I'll probably potter on and rejoin with a vengeance next year too.

Be kind to yourself
    A x
    SAVER o:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills