Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• theshoefairy
    Options
    If anyone is looking for a good deal moving from sky I have found this...

Virgin media via quidco with 220 cash back....
    Full house bundle
    Broadband and phone for 55 a month. Adding an additional box takes it to 62 a month but there is a 45 fee for the second box. Taking into consideration the cash back, this works out at roughly 44 a month.
  • shauniebabe
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can cancel online and get a good deal? I've just checked my elderly parents account and they are paying £71.50 a month which is a rip off in my eyes!

I know you used to be able to cancel then receive a message on the app offering you a discount!
  • mikeizz
    mikeizz Posts: 60 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can cancel online and get a good deal? I've just checked my elderly parents account and they are paying £71.50 a month which is a rip off in my eyes!

I know you used to be able to cancel then receive a message on the app offering you a discount!

AN old relative was paying £95.50 a month.

I got him to sign upto sky online and through live chat and after cancelling, we contacted them the next day and got 50% off his tv package and with a rolling contract.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why not call up to give 30/31 days' notice ? After doing this many (including me) have been offered 50% off without even asking. (I have rejected the offer and will go to switch off).

The high prices are not a rip off, as you aren't forced to pay them;you can cancel and use other tv access or haggle a lower price.
  • wapow
    wapow Posts: 939 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2017 at 9:08PM
    Options
    Online chat is like the team on the phone - The max they can offer is 50% on both counts. (Online chat discussed yesterday before 8PM)

Towards close to cancellation or AFTER its cancelled, they can offer better but only via phone not online chat and its a separate team on the phone.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    wapow wrote: »
    Online chat is like the team on the phone - The max they can offer is 50% on both counts. (Online chat discussed yesterday before 8PM)

Towards close to cancellation or AFTER its cancelled, they can offer better but only via phone not online chat and its a separate team on the phone.

That's not my experience with online chat, but you do have to cancel not just fish for an offer.

Although that was just over a year ago when I got my deal so may have now changed. Didn't need to bother this year as they auto renewed it.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    That's not my experience with online chat, but you do have to cancel not just fish for an offer.

Although that was just over a year ago when I got my deal so may have now changed. Didn't need to bother this year as they auto renewed it.
    After the initial offer of 50% off for 10months,last year, all my offers came by email, but the after switch off one was on my Sky,after an MSE forum member pointed this out.

I don't like online chat, as it involves so much typing,then long waits. They are also likely to be based abroad, so working from a list rather than having the option to consult someone.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I (sort of) got my 60% off deal via chat in October - the guy I was having the chat with, actually finished off phoning me because the chat session went down at the vital moment!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 November 2017 at 10:30AM
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    After the initial offer of 50% off for 10months,last year, all my offers came by email, but the after switch off one was on my Sky,after an MSE forum member pointed this out.

I don't like online chat, as it involves so much typing,then long waits. They are also likely to be based abroad, so working from a list rather than having the option to consult someone.

I used the online messaging service yesterday which is much better. The worst that happens is that you get logged out but you just hit the login button on the same page and it continues the chat. I walked the dogs twice and took the wife to the doctors in between mine with no issues.

I managed to get them to 50% off Boxsets (they offered that straight off) and after a lot of toing and froing they eventually agreed to a credit to cover the despicable 'admin fee'. They wouldn't budge on the 12 month contract though. I've turned it down and am now on the 30 days notice. I want 60% with no admin fee for a 12 month contract or a rolling monthly contract at 50%. The BB/LR I'm going to bite the bullet until we move so I can see what my options are.

Edit: I forgot to mention that new customers pay £20 for the 1TB box & £199 for the 2TB box while an existing customer is quoted £199 for either (both on the website and via messenger). I guess they really don't want to upgrade current customers.
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 November 2017 at 11:29AM
    Options
    I used the online messaging service yesterday which is much better. The worst that happens is that you get logged out but you just hit the login button on the same page and it continues the chat. I walked the dogs twice and took the wife to the doctors in between mine with no issues.

I managed to get them to 50% off Boxsets (they offered that straight off) and after a lot of toing and froing they eventually agreed to a credit to cover the despicable 'admin fee'. They wouldn't budge on the 12 month contract though. I've turned it down and am now on the 30 days notice. I want 60% with no admin fee for a 12 month contract or a rolling monthly contract at 50%. The BB/LR I'm going to bite the bullet until we move so I can see what my options are.

Edit: I forgot to mention that new customers pay £20 for the 1TB box & £199 for the 2TB box while an existing customer is quoted £199 for either (both on the website and via messenger). I guess they really don't want to upgrade current customers.
    That's why I'm hoping to sort a deal out before my contact ends soon, I can get 2 X skyq with installation free. Leaving would presumably put me back on 0 years.
    Had a call off retentions yesterday offering a worse deal than previous.
    Said they would call again with hopefully a better deal.
    So still hanging on, but don't care either way to be honest as I'm not paying stupid prices when others have been offered continued contacts on same deal as last year.
    I'm still looking for 60% off £25 credit and 30 day rolling contact
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure