New Journey

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Have a lovely weekend, Cumbria. Yes I'm going to start chipping away at my debt once pay day comes this month :)
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have a lovely weekend - hope it’s not too chilly.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I hope you have a wonderful time in Windermere Cumbria - do you stay with friends when you are there?

Interesting to hear what you think of Mary Poppins and if you think it is supercali....... oh well you know!:rotfl: Some of it was filmed in the event centre next door to my firm. It used to be part of the headquarters of one of the big banks. There were a line of black limousines with tinted windows parked outside every day whilst the filming was going on - waiting for Emily Blunt et al!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • I love windermere. I hope you have a lovely time there. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I hope you have a wonderful time in Windermere Cumbria - do you stay with friends when you are there?

Interesting to hear what you think of Mary Poppins and if you think it is supercali....... oh well you know!:rotfl: Some of it was filmed in the event centre next door to my firm. It used to be part of the headquarters of one of the big banks. There were a line of black limousines with tinted windows parked outside every day whilst the filming was going on - waiting for Emily Blunt et al!

I am very lucky yes I stay at friends house , these days I do tend to go for the day but this was our Christmas treat . The afternoon tea was delicious, Mary Poppins was great , it was uplifting to watch. Fancy it being filmed next door to your work SSG. I hope you enjoy your film tonight. :beer:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Well that's the weekend done again , made it home in time to do my ironing and get ready for work tomorrow.

Thoroughly enjoyed my little trip , friend was pleased to see me , we enjoyed our little treats . This week is a busy one for me , so will be in bed after Call The Midwive.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Glad you had a lovely weekend up here. The weather was mostly kind if a bit nippy, wasn't it? Though perhaps a little cloudier today - at least it didn't rain.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£325.00 (65%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£060.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Glad you had a good time :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,242 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Glad you enjoyed the lakes :)

I used to love taking my kiddies to the library when they were little. DS turned out to be a big reader like me and now DGD has followed in our footsteps :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,158 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad you had a fantastic time :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure