PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Sweet n sour LO from the other night (the one I added peppers to, but I picked out the rather icky baby corn before I portioned it up....the baby corn bits were consigned to the compost bin) added some tinned pineapple too. Had that with 1/2 pack LO rice and qinoa micro rice thingy from Aldi (love their packet grains range in there) which I nuked, then whacked in the frying pan and added an egg for 'egg fried-ness', plus soy sauce to serve.

Think this is actually the first meal I've really enjoyed for a while.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    HM chicken Chow Mein tonight.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Sweet n sour LO from the other night (the one I added peppers to, but I picked out the rather icky baby corn before I portioned it up....the baby corn bits were consigned to the compost bin) added some tinned pineapple too. Had that with 1/2 pack LO rice and qinoa micro rice thingy from Aldi (love their packet grains range in there) which I nuked, then whacked in the frying pan and added an egg for 'egg fried-ness', plus soy sauce to serve.

Think this is actually the first meal I've really enjoyed for a while.

I also love the Aldi grains. I used the morrocan buckwheat one as a base for a vegetarian pie, fried up some mushrooms, grated carrot mixed it with a packet and topped with sweet potato mash for my daughter.
    Must have been good because it made an appearance on Instagram.
  • dangerbadger
    Options
    JIL wrote: »

Ooh, the highest of all the compliments! My daughter has yet to find any of my meals Instagram worthy, but I live in hope one day I may get there...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Continental lentil stew topped by a poached egg for us today with a winter salad and I shall be making some soup for lunch to use up 'bendy' veg from the fridge.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The homemade soup is still going strong for lunches and im not sick of it yet so that again and tonight will be mince, im leaning towards chilli, without the kidney beans
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    HM leek and potato soup for lunch, with cheese and crackers. Tonight's dinner will be hm lasagne, garlic bread and some veg, followed by hm lemon meringue pie.
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tonight's dinner is Bruschetta with HM bread.
    January GC 2024 £135/£180
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pan fried YS Duck Breast, Celariac pur!es, pan fried YS asparagus - sounds fancy, but cost less than £3 ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    JIL wrote: »
    I also love the Aldi grains. I used the morrocan buckwheat one as a base for a vegetarian pie, fried up some mushrooms, grated carrot mixed it with a packet and topped with sweet potato mash for my daughter.

Ohh yum - was it 'just' those ingredients you used? My OH is veggie but very bad at actually liking veg, plus does long hours so doesn't want to spend any time cooking when he gets home, so I'm constantly trying to come up with creative things he'll eat :think:

Tonight I had a no bull burger, boiled pots and petit pois...OH had a pot noodle (I know.....:eek:....but to be fair I had bought it as a treat so it was going to be eaten at some stage)

Have just reshuffled the freezer so my friends things are more or less on one (bottom) shelf now with a few bits on another shelf and I can sort of see / get to what is actually our food. Once she collects her stuff there's going to be a lot of freezer space - but it's good making me use what we have without trying to buy more.

I have some spinach and feta pastry things from Lidl last summer to use up but last time OH cooked some they weren't properly cooked which as some what put me off them - think he put them in for 20mins and they should take 35-40! :eek:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport