The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 February 2017 at 5:30PM
    I have a public sector pension through my job. I think I will need to save quite a bit as I only work part time due to tiredness of diabetes.

Are you confident about your pension? I get scared as I am sure the economy is not going to get better any time soon.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • I only work part time due to tiredness of diabetes.

Me too and other conditions that affect me. I cant draw my state pension until I'm 67 but I cant see me being fit to work that long !

I cant live off my company pension alone as it will probably be worth peanuts when I finally become eligible to claim it !

I could always sell my house and downsize so I suppose I have some security in that.

That's part of the reason I've started saving so I can afford to move if necessary.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 8 February 2017 at 6:25PM
    I am exactly the same except I am not going to downsize they will have to drag me out of here in a box. I might rent a room out though I am considering it.

I am down to 14 coats and jackets. I have got rid of about 6 I think in the last week and two suits. All the others look really nice and fit me. I think I am stuck with them.:o I'm not a good minimalist am I?

Today was a NSD. :T
  • If they still fit and look good I cant see the point of getting rid just for the sake of it. Wear them all (not all at once !) and get your moneys worth out of them :D

savingwannabe I have PM you not sure first one was successful so you might get 2 :o
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Maybe I should put them in the storage room where I keep jeans and skirts in a sack. I am decluttering as I am losing half the wardrobes in my bedroom. There are loads and I am going down to only 3 and dressing table.

I don't know anyone except the blooming ladies on the telly that have as many clothes as me. :eek::o
  • savingwannabe
    edited 9 February 2017 at 8:49PM
    It is freezing outside. My fingers are like ice as I took the recycling out. Throat hurts but voice is stronger I can feel it.

[STRIKE]Today I am going to empty out the fridge and clean the inside dustbins..... [/STRIKE]When I defrost.:rotfl:

I have a bag of things to give to 3dogs' charity. Today has been a NSD. I don't think it would be this easy if I was at work but I am going to try to maintain it.

After this payday I will have some money for fun. I can't wait.
  • I am going to be taken by my friends to 3dogs house. V happy to see my friend. I am hoping it will be a NSD. Everyone have a good day.
  • Hope you had a lovely day seeing your friends savingwannabe

Its good to hear you are feeling stronger and I'm sure a day out with good friends and a change of scene will help

Living off savings diary
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Really looking forward to seeing my dear friend SW tomorrow (later today lol). She is going to show me how it's done and help me declutter and clean my kitchen. My other friends, the 'lads' are getting rid of a large armchair for me and bringing another one up that I bought online from down their way. Plus help me declutter my bedroom. I find it hard to do heavy housework due to my arthritis and sciatica

Actually, I am just really pleased that my three dearest friends will be here tomorrow and I will take them for a meal later tomorrow - after they have done their work that it ;) I do depend on them for so much since I lost my dear husband Mr 3Dogs :A I have family up in the North East where I am from, but these three are my second family :heart2::heart2::heart2:
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Hi Savingwannabe - are you a teacher? Wow to the amount of coats you have! I only have 5 and 2 of them should in all reality be binned! I sympathise with controlling your sugar levels. My teenager son is diabetic (although type 1 and has been since he was a baby) and managing his levels often seems like an impossible task to us.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback