The Three Most Important Lessons You've Never Been Taught Book Discussion

Comments

• emilyt
    emilyt Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Recieved my copy yesterday. Unfortunately i had it all of 20 minutes and my DD 2 took it into her bedroom to read and i haven't seen it since. O well that can only be a good thing i suppose. Must order another one.
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile :D
  • MARTINS_DOLL
    MARTINS_DOLL Posts: 11,141 Forumite
    I've ordered 2 lots of 2 of Martins Books from Amazon for less than a Tenner!!!:j

2 for Me and 2 for my Son, who is a MSE user, and also thinks that Martin should by Knighted!
    I got free delivery too as I ordered things for over £15.00 in the same order, and chose SUPER SAVER DELIVERY ON ALL!

Have a look Guys on Amazon .
    ................................... MSE MARTIN LEWIS ... :A ... THANK YOU.......................
  • You can buy the book online from WHSmith

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails-The+Three+Most+Important+Lessons+Youve+Never+Been+Taught+-9780091923846.html

For £3.99 if you have it delivered to the store for pick up.
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just ordered it from Amazon and noticed that the price has gone down to £3.44, so anyone who ordered it for £3.49 within the last 30 days can get the difference back! Not much, admittedly, but hey, look out for the pennies and all that!
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • Thinking of buying this as I already have the money diet book, just wondering whether or not there are any major differences between the two, or is this just the same excellent advice but re-hashed?

Can anyone help?:undecided
  • Just placed an order with play.com for £3.49 with 4% off due from Quidco. Have received Quidco cash back of £250 in past year on purchases, with another £100 due. Absolutely brillllllllll.
    :beer:
  • Shawz
    Shawz Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    my one arrived in the post today :j
    Looking to raise some money ;)
  • Shawz wrote: »
    my one arrived in the post today :j

Where did you order yours from? and how long did it take to arrive?

I placed an order with Play.com on 27th Jan and it still says "order processing" which means payment being processed. It says the book is in stock .... its annoying :mad:
  • firesidemaid
    firesidemaid Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    elviswings wrote: »
    Thinking of buying this as I already have the money diet book, just wondering whether or not there are any major differences between the two, or is this just the same excellent advice but re-hashed?
    Can anyone help?:undecided

i enjoyed it - there is some new stuff. a different approach plus lots of links to sites etc. it also makes you think about stuff (especially compound interest) in a different light.

one thing it mentioned is that many people just look at the items at eye level in the supermarket (and therefore they put all the dear/premium stuff there).

i thought to myself 'but surely, everyone looks up and down the shelf to get what they want/the cheapest/best deal?'

well, i was in asda and had decided on my kelloggs HN cornflakes 750g for £2.00 from bottom shelf. meanwhile 2 people just came and picked off a box off the middle shelf without even looking at ANY price - they paid £1.96 for 500g!

i thought about saying something.......
  • "Eye level is buy level"

Picked it up at the library today and can't put it down!
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport