Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • CAE
    • By CAE 3rd Jan 08, 12:27 AM
    • 633 Posts
    • 389 Thanks
    CAE
    • 3rd Jan 08, 12:27 AM
    • 3rd Jan 08, 12:27 AM
    Just ordered my copy from Play.com.

I thought I had missed another new book, but then realised it's not due out until next December. So that's sorted some Christmas presents for 2008.

Carol
    • jadex
    • By jadex 3rd Jan 08, 9:47 AM
    • 663 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    jadex
    • 3rd Jan 08, 9:47 AM
    • 3rd Jan 08, 9:47 AM
    is that book actually in-stock?
    from Amazon:
    Availability: In stock.
    Publisher: Vermilion (10 Jan 2008) :confused:
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 3rd Jan 08, 9:54 AM
    • 8,116 Posts
    • 42,310 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 3rd Jan 08, 9:54 AM
    • 3rd Jan 08, 9:54 AM
    Technically the book launches on the 10 Jan; but there is stock out there already. Amazon's first tranch has probably gone, but it should have another int he next day or so. I wanted MoneySavers to hear about the book first.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • jo_b
    • 3rd Jan 08, 3:44 PM
    • 3rd Jan 08, 3:44 PM
    Congrats on the new book! Shame it missed the xmas market though!
    • Paul_J
    • By Paul_J 3rd Jan 08, 6:10 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Paul_J
    • 3rd Jan 08, 6:10 PM
    • 3rd Jan 08, 6:10 PM
    Just ordered this from play.com. I'm not much of a bookworm to be honest, but have ordered the book simply because its the least I can do (as well as buying the download song and clicking the links with an asterisk next to them) to support MSE, as this site has saved me, quite literally, thousands. You never know, I might even read it!
    So, Mr Martin Lewis, a very big thank-you, sir. I'm most appreciative and grateful (and I know I speak for thousands of others on this outstanding website) for all the effort you put into saving us mon£y
  • emilyt
    • 3rd Jan 08, 9:44 PM
    • 3rd Jan 08, 9:44 PM
    Another one here who has ordered one from play.com. Just wish it was out in time for christmas. O well guesse wht i am buying everyone for their birthdays this year.lol.
    Thankyou Martin.
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile
    • juno
    • By juno 3rd Jan 08, 9:48 PM
    • 6,436 Posts
    • 9,153 Thanks
    juno
    • 3rd Jan 08, 9:48 PM
    • 3rd Jan 08, 9:48 PM
    Oooh, it's published on my birthday! Does that mean I get a free signed copy as a present?
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt 4578.27 0.00
    100% paid off

• luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 4th Jan 08, 1:43 PM
    • 10,867 Posts
    • 39,187 Thanks
    luxor4t
    • 4th Jan 08, 1:43 PM
    • 4th Jan 08, 1:43 PM
    Just ordered it from Play via Quidco.
    I had never even heard of cashback sites before finding MSE, but have 'gained' 269 since June 2007, from purchases I would have made anyway. Thank you, Martin!
    • CAE
    • By CAE 8th Jan 08, 11:22 PM
    • 633 Posts
    • 389 Thanks
    CAE
    Received my copy yesterday.
  • ccastley
    I have somehow ordered 2 from play... :confused: Dunno how that happened.

First to PM me with their address is welcome to the additional copy. Don't worry...I'm not a crank!

C

X
  • emilyt
    Recieved my copy yesterday. Unfortunately i had it all of 20 minutes and my DD 2 took it into her bedroom to read and i haven't seen it since. O well that can only be a good thing i suppose. Must order another one.
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile
    • MARTINS DOLL
    • By MARTINS DOLL 15th Jan 08, 11:46 PM
    • 10,030 Posts
    • 1,235,850 Thanks
    MARTINS DOLL
    I've ordered 2 lots of 2 of Martins Books from Amazon for less than a Tenner!!!

2 for Me and 2 for my Son, who is a MSE user, and also thinks that Martin should by Knighted!
    I got free delivery too as I ordered things for over 15.00 in the same order, and chose SUPER SAVER DELIVERY ON ALL!

Have a look Guys on Amazon .
  • tigtbhe
    You can buy the book online from WHSmith

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails-The+Three+Most+Important+Lessons+Youve+Never+Been+ Taught+-9780091923846.html

For £3.99 if you have it delivered to the store for pick up.
    Last edited by tigtbhe; 22-01-2008 at 6:52 PM.
    • Beate
    • By Beate 26th Jan 08, 5:17 PM
    • 3,522 Posts
    • 4,201 Thanks
    Beate
    I just ordered it from Amazon and noticed that the price has gone down to 3.44, so anyone who ordered it for 3.49 within the last 30 days can get the difference back! Not much, admittedly, but hey, look out for the pennies and all that!
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, 170.03 Capital One Bank Charges 418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, 2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • elviswings
    quick query
    Thinking of buying this as I already have the money diet book, just wondering whether or not there are any major differences between the two, or is this just the same excellent advice but re-hashed?

Can anyone help?
  • farhad1965
    Just placed an order with play.com for 3.49 with 4% off due from Quidco. Have received Quidco cash back of 250 in past year on purchases, with another 100 due. Absolutely brillllllllll.

• Shawz
    my one arrived in the post today
    Looking to raise some money
  • farhad1965
    my one arrived in the post today
    Originally posted by Shawz
    Where did you order yours from? and how long did it take to arrive?

I placed an order with Play.com on 27th Jan and it still says "order processing" which means payment being processed. It says the book is in stock .... its annoying

• firesidemaid
    • By firesidemaid 31st Jan 08, 7:13 AM
    • 2,126 Posts
    • 3,133 Thanks
    firesidemaid
    Thinking of buying this as I already have the money diet book, just wondering whether or not there are any major differences between the two, or is this just the same excellent advice but re-hashed?
    Can anyone help?
    Originally posted by elviswings
    i enjoyed it - there is some new stuff. a different approach plus lots of links to sites etc. it also makes you think about stuff (especially compound interest) in a different light.

one thing it mentioned is that many people just look at the items at eye level in the supermarket (and therefore they put all the dear/premium stuff there).

i thought to myself 'but surely, everyone looks up and down the shelf to get what they want/the cheapest/best deal?'

well, i was in asda and had decided on my kelloggs HN cornflakes 750g for 2.00 from bottom shelf. meanwhile 2 people just came and picked off a box off the middle shelf without even looking at ANY price - they paid 1.96 for 500g!

i thought about saying something.......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

702Posts Today

6,293Users online

Martin's Twitter