Twitter lock out

I have been locked out of my account twice in one day,

does anyone know why? and can this be prevented from happening?

I have to keep adding a code to get my account back. :o

Thanks
Jan Wins: .

Comments

• It's been constant on mine for weeks, was advised to delete all the "apps" that I've allowed access to - did that but it's STILL happening!
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • topaz13
    topaz13 Posts: 155
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Its been happening to me for months now too.
    Help are no help! You just go round and round in circles and get nowhere: 'Delete all apps!' Done that, it still locks me out. 'Contact us again if it continues.' Contact again. 'It looks like you are good to go' Nope, contact again: 'Delete all apps' Rinse and repeat for months.
  • topaz13 wrote: »
    Its been happening to me for months now too.
    Help are no help! You just go round and round in circles and get nowhere: 'Delete all apps!' Done that, it still locks me out. 'Contact us again if it continues.' Contact again. 'It looks like you are good to go' Nope, contact again: 'Delete all apps' Rinse and repeat for months.

Snap! It's very frustrating so would love to know what is causing it.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • Could it be people reporting our accounts?
  • Could it be people reporting our accounts?

Reporting you for what?
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,540
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Causes:
    https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/locked-and-limited-accounts

Could be this?
    If your account appears to have exhibited aggressive following or aggressive engagements (such as, like, Retweet, and Retweet with comment), which violates the Twitter Rules, you will see a message that your account’s features have been limited for a specified time
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected].
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • topaz13
    Forumite

No, I don't think so, because I'm getting limited even on days when I don't do anything at all apart from log in to read my notifications.
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,789
    Forumite
    All the accounts i follow have been removed.
  • topaz13
    Forumite
    All the accounts i follow have been removed.

It does that sometimes, but they do come back up in a while. Strangely, although it would say that I had no followed accounts, when I went to pages, it said that I did still follow them!
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,789
    Forumite
    topaz13 wrote: »
    It does that sometimes, but they do come back up in a while. Strangely, although it would say that I had no followed accounts, when I went to pages, it said that I did still follow them!

I hardly did anything yesterday and i was locked out 3 times. Thanks for your post i noticed some are coming back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport