Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Thanks as always for the chart chrisv and well done to TTD.

Welcome Missli to the thread. As CurlGirl said no calorie counting here, just eating healthily. Lots of fruit and veg, protein, carbs and low fat.

Have you done SW before or are you just starting out but without going to group? If you haven't done SW before it might be worth going to one group just to get the new books and the New Member talk.

Details of the plan are in the first post however you can now have 2 Healthy Extra A choices (milk and cheese) and one Healthy Extra B choice (bread, cereals etc).

Good luck with the plan.

Denise

Thanks, yes I've tried it before, and hated the meetings, although everyone was really lovely, I found myself making excuses to leave early before it was my turn to speak.:rotfl:
    It was worth it for the book though. I do remember eating very well when I went there before.
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    And here she is :D
    tea-fajta-001.jpg

Oh yummy, I'm hungry right now. Time to stock up on lots of speed food again and protein. Already this thread has got me motivated. :D
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Missli wrote: »
    Oh yummy, I'm hungry right now. Time to stock up on lots of speed food again and protein. Already this thread has got me motivated. :D

And don't forget the carbs and the syns! How long ago did you go to SW? There have been some changes, although not major. Do ask if you have any questions. :)
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I put on half a pound last week and it put me in a bad mood again! I have been craving all sorts of food since then. I have cooked healthy SW meals for our main meals (beef in red wine casserole last night) but just don’t seem to feel full. I am eating plenty of fruit and veg.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    What a horrible day it is today! Been raining overnight and now raining quite hard - really hate this weather. I'm just glad I haven't got to go out today!

Today's plan:

B - scrambled eggs on toast (forgot to get spinach out of the freezer!)
    L - stuffed portobello mushroom with salad
    D - SW KFC:D; chips & beans, don't think I've got any corn on the cob in the freezer but will have a look just in case!

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - none planned:rotfl:; let's see if I can manage not to have any today (last night I had a Ryvita & HM hummus - 2 Syns)

Denise
  • OxfordGirl
    OxfordGirl Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all,

Can I join in too please?

I have had a break from SW for a few months, resulting in almost a stone gain. :(

But I'm back at the group and ready to start a fresh. :) I would like to lose 9.5 pounds in the next 8 weeks.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    OxfordGirl wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can I join in too please?

I have had a break from SW for a few months, resulting in almost a stone gain. :(

But I'm back at the group and ready to start a fresh. :) I would like to lose 9.5 pounds in the next 8 weeks.

Hi and welcome OxfordGirl :wave: I'll add you to the chart :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome OxfordGirl. Well done for rejoining before you're too far down the slippery slope. :) Having been at target for some years, I know it's essential to use the plan as a default position for all menus. It's logical when you think about it. If our old way of eating made us fat then going back to it will do the same. :D

That's not a massive gain penny but do you know why you're hungry? :think: Do you have plenty of carbs alongside your protein and Speed? Do you buy in SW snacks if you want more? Do you know where/if you're going over syns? :)

I've had my SW breakfast (HEX Weetabix and milk with half a banana). I've got some red berries out to defrost for a SW snack with yogurt if I'm hungry tonight and I've got plenty of pickles:D. I know lunch will involve syns.:(

Tomorrow's likely to be very similar except that the syns will be in the evening. After that I'm hoping to stay on track for a while. :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome to the thread Oxfordgirl. You've done the best thing by rejoining when it's only a stone to lose to get back to where you want to be.

Penny I'm surprised you still felt hungry after a beef in red wine casserole. Was it because you were doing an SP day but didn't have at least half a plate of Speed veg? I don't do SP days for that very reason. I always feel hungry if I haven't had any carbs with my main course! One of the reasons I still do the odd Green day here and there - they're ideal when you're having a "hungry" day!

I always feel hungry mid morning when I've only had a breakfast of Weetbix & milk Maman. It just doesn't fill me up like porridge, scrambled eggs on toast or a fry up!

From what you've said I'm assuming nothing in planned which will involve Syns after tomorrow Maman. But as they say "best laid plans" and all that!

WI for me tomorrow - the last before my holiday but to be quite honest I'm already feeling in holiday mode and it's really hard not to just have extra syns. I'm going to try and stay on track until we actually go on Tuesday morning and then when I come back mid June I'll need to just take any gain on the chin and get back on plan completely for a couple of weeks or so to get back into target range!

Denise
  • charlotte1994
    charlotte1994 Posts: 854 Forumite
    Options
    Back on plan yesterday! Did 14,000 steps including my 1 hour Zumba class.
    I've done something silly, but it worked before. I bought a chart for kids from Amazon, I give myself a smiley face on the days where I have been on plan. When I have enough smiley faces I will treat myself to an off meal plan :-) (Probably monthly)
    I lost a lot of weight before and I need the motivation not to eat crap. After a spout of bad mental health I've put on 2 stone. Trying desperately to lose it again!

Yesterday I had a nice tea, quorn hot and spicy burgers and plenty of veg. I was pleasantly surprised actually!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure