The Compers Inn (part 48)

Comments

• rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Morning folks. Looks like it is going to be a lovely day here. Mr seagull has been driving everyone mad since about 5am. Had a nice weekend. Need to get some currency for GK's holiday. It will be their birthdays while they are away so must remember cards and a little present for them. Alfie the SSPCA have been doing a lot of advertising up here lately. We have a dog and cat home just down the road in the next town. Anyway hope everyone is fit and well. Take care
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning, Good luck painting the recliners Alfie.they look fiddley as well. I did an hours gardening yesterday and hurt my lower back, so taking it easy today. My meds are helping keep the pain at bay so not too bad at the moment. Just got some washing and food shopping to do. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all. First day here by ourselves. We had a great time with DD2 and family staying here and DD1 plus son on holiday coming everyday. DD2 and all went home late Saturday night and DD1 stayed Sunday night as she was working yesterday and we had GS. All the GKs are really growing up and great seeing them but it was tiring. DS went to a festival over the weekend so didn’t come up. Fortunately he only had one shower after he had put tent up.

We were let down really badly with the Tesco shopping. It was due late on Tuesday evening and never came. DH was told van had an accident. They could only reorder for early Thursday morning. Lunch time no groceries. Found out Van had broken down. Eventually Friday 3pm shopping came. They have given us two ten pound vouchers and on Wednesday the lady sent £30 Pizza Express vouchers. When it did come there was a freebie bottle of gin which none of us drink.
    Worst part was we were so busy before hand I had not put spare freezer on and filled it as I usually do when they are coming. The freezer part of our fridge freezer is quite small. Fortunately we have a coop around the corner.

Rose pleased to hear your son is home. He must have been very shocked at your news. Hope your toe is getting better.

Indie and Alfie well done with your garden fence painting. Alfie lounger looks too fiddly. Sorry you hurt your back Indie hope it clears up quickly. Yes, holidays have gone quickly. GS is at child minders today and school tomorrow. Hope your nephew s sonics better.

Sheils hope you enjoy Bridlington and weather is good.

Firefly been thinking of you. Take care.

I have been popping in and out last week when I could hide away and was delighted to see Mummy2threeboys win. Hope you are able to have a break later.

I had two WEMs last week. One for a DVD from NME and a book from Gransnet on twitter. The book came yesterday which was quick.

DD1 is delighted with the Kylie tickets which came last week. I could not believe the price. £115 each. DH is going with his sister to the Jazz concert next Saturday so they are pleased too.

Hope everyone has a good week. Be lucky
  • rosemac
    Morning again folks. Well done on wins leanfun. Decided to go outside with my newspaper and a cuppa. Didn't last long it is really cold so will have to wait until it heats up a bit to get some fresh air. Looks really bright and sunny but not so.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks Rose.

Just remembered as five year old was getting ready to go he tried to take some of other GSs Lego figures. When told they were not his he quickly replied I won them in a competition!
  • rosemac
    Just had a book delivered by Hermes. The Wives by Lauren Weisberger. She also wrote the Devil Wears Prada. A win yaaaaaaaaay :j:j:j:D
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308
    Forumite
    Well done on your wins,leanfun and rose.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850
    Forumite
    Hi all,

Having lovely time at Bridlington - last day here before heading to Brighouse and then Halifax. Been eating fish and chips and ice-creams and generally doing seaside things. Walked for miles along the coast too. Weather been pretty good although not so great today.

Well done to all the winners. I have won a Cineworld family ticket which I hope to use at Dudley later this month on the way to Woolacombe. There doesn't look like there will be much date on it.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • rosemac
    DS is coming down once he picks up GD from school. His bones and joints are sore so he is picking up my heating pads. He has to be carefull of any medication he takes and has to work on advice from Navy Doctor. His skin is also dried out so I always have a supply of Oilatum bath and Oilatum shower also cream as I get really dry skin at times. This is the part he hates of his job which is why they always rest them when they get home. They all take different vitamins when they are away because of lack of sunlight and also most of their food is frozen so the fresh fruit and veg run out quite quickly.
  • rosemac
    Well done on win shiels. Talking of Brighouse I remember years ago their was a user on here called that wonder if he still pops in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure