Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 1st Nov 05, 5:14 PM
    • 9,418Posts
    • 22,339Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    The Money Diet, Updated, Discussion Area
    • 1st Nov 05, 5:14 PM
    The Money Diet, Updated, Discussion Area 1st Nov 05 at 5:14 PM
    This discussion relates to the

Money Diet article

To discuss the Money Diet click reply.

If it's Thrifty Ways For Modern Days you want to discuss then you can do that here
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 24-11-2006 at 6:53 PM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • m00nie
    • By m00nie 3rd Nov 05, 3:02 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    m00nie
    • 3rd Nov 05, 3:02 PM
    • 3rd Nov 05, 3:02 PM
    Considering i dont really read books,with regards to the new updated money diet i can actually say this is one book i am looking forward to reading.
    • Smiley_Mum
    • By Smiley_Mum 3rd Nov 05, 4:06 PM
    • 3,779 Posts
    • 2,914 Thanks
    Smiley_Mum
    • 3rd Nov 05, 4:06 PM
    • 3rd Nov 05, 4:06 PM
    Just ordered mine, I had a little bit of cashback on a credit card that had been sitting for a while so used that up with getting the book. When is the book likely to hit the doormat, Martin?
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 3rd Nov 05, 4:57 PM
    • 8,116 Posts
    • 42,310 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 3rd Nov 05, 4:57 PM
    • 3rd Nov 05, 4:57 PM
    14th November
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
    • Smiley_Mum
    • By Smiley_Mum 3rd Nov 05, 5:09 PM
    • 3,779 Posts
    • 2,914 Thanks
    Smiley_Mum
    • 3rd Nov 05, 5:09 PM
    • 3rd Nov 05, 5:09 PM
    Just so I know to stay home to retrieve it from the postie, before he attempts to unsuccessfully jam it through the letterbox. :rolleyes:

Good time to release the book, just before Christmas, everyone can knuckle down after Christmas and recoup some of the money spent over the festive season, New Year's Resolution to save money, be more canny with your cash. I hope I can squeeze it into my handbag so I can take it and read it in Starbucks over a hot chocolate when the kids are out. My treat, don't drink, don't smoke so my Starbucks fix is my treat.
    Last edited by Smiley_Mum; 03-11-2005 at 5:57 PM.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
    • Stumpy
    • By Stumpy 3rd Nov 05, 6:04 PM
    • 1,092 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Stumpy
    • 3rd Nov 05, 6:04 PM
    • 3rd Nov 05, 6:04 PM
    Well, I've done my bit for "the cause"!! 4 copies took it over the £15 for free delivery, and I had a £5 voucher from a survey company too - so 4 copies for £2.50 each.
    • mrkester
    • By mrkester 3rd Nov 05, 6:45 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mrkester
    • 3rd Nov 05, 6:45 PM
    hmmmm
    just got email about new Money Diet book.

and i quote from Martin..............

"The MoneySavingExpert.com User offer

I pushed my publisher to allow site users to get the book 2 weeks early (14 Nov) via a special deal with Amazon. The price is £3.99 plus £2.75 p&p (recommended retail price £7.99). Yet Amazon's new policy means spend £15 and delivery is free, so if you're planning a Christmas shop anyway it's worth combining the two. This deal and price is for one week only. "

here's where the hmmmmmmmm comes in.................

"Amazon Shipping £2.16 + 59p per item. Free option if over £19 spent. "

above from bookbrain.co.uk

So £15 or £19 ?????????
    can anyone shed any light on this, or am i just being daft???
    • Aries
    • By Aries 3rd Nov 05, 6:45 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Aries
    I have just ordered mine.

Great stuff Martin keep up the good work.
    • Polly
    • By Polly 3rd Nov 05, 6:57 PM
    • 883 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    Polly
    • 3rd Nov 05, 6:57 PM
    • 3rd Nov 05, 6:57 PM
    Just ordered 4 copies. Gets me free delivery AND three useful pressies! Well done Martin. Can't wait to see it.
  • Lotta Littlies
    Got mine but had to giggle at the "Perfect Partner" that Amazon have it down with - "The Two of Us, My Life With John Thaw"

Lotta
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
  • panther
    Oh go on then you've twisted my arm. Suppose I can always stick it on the Bay of E once read
  • Lotta Littlies

So £15 or £19 ?????????
    by mrkester

It's definitely £15 stated on Amazon.

hth

Lotta
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
    • paulmarks83
    • By paulmarks83 3rd Nov 05, 11:08 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    paulmarks83
    Are you sure we get it early?
    Fantastic news Martin, this site has changed my life! I’m definitely a prudent money saver these days. Always reading the site and forums, telling my friends about the information available and proudly displaying your car sticker.

My sister has just started at university, and im worried she is going to make the same mistakes I did so this will make the perfect Christmas gift.

Anyway, my point. . .
    Ive placed my order with Amazon (with a few other Christmas gifts for the free delivery) and received the following email:

Dispatch estimate for these items: 2 Dec 2005
    Delivery estimate: 5 Dec 2005 - 7 Dec 2005
    2x "The Money Diet: The Ultimate Guide to Shedding Pounds Off Your Bills and Saving Money on Everything!"
    Martin Lewis; Paperback; £3.99

I thought we were getting an early dispatch before general release? I’m not sure I can wait a further two weeks; the anticipation is just too much.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,
    Paul.
    • apprentice tycoon
    • By apprentice tycoon 3rd Nov 05, 11:37 PM
    • 3,286 Posts
    • 2,939 Thanks
    apprentice tycoon
    just got email about new Money Diet book.

and i quote from Martin..............

"The MoneySavingExpert.com User offer

I pushed my publisher to allow site users to get the book 2 weeks early (14 Nov) via a special deal with Amazon. The price is £3.99 plus £2.75 p&p (recommended retail price £7.99). Yet Amazon's new policy means spend £15 and delivery is free, so if you're planning a Christmas shop anyway it's worth combining the two. This deal and price is for one week only. "

So £15 or £19 ?????????
    by mrkester
    I think Martin means spend £15.00 more to get the free delivery
  • On The Road
    Hi all,

Just putting and order through,and when it got to the confirmation screen, just before I handed over my cash, it said expected delivery date 29 Nov.

That was following the affiliate link too.

How do we get the early delivery???

Thanks,
    Pete.
    • ashmit
    • By ashmit 4th Nov 05, 10:49 AM
    • 622 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    ashmit
    see here for the £15 free delivery offer
    You need to select supersaver delivery - maybe the £19 is for free first class.

paulmarks83, did you use the link in Martin's email to order? If you ordered any other way you won't get it early.
    • Stumpy
    • By Stumpy 4th Nov 05, 11:10 AM
    • 1,092 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Stumpy

I thought we were getting an early dispatch before general release? I’m not sure I can wait a further two weeks; the anticipation is just too much.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,
    Paul.
    by paulmarks83
    I've just re-read Martin's e-mail, and it does read as if we should be getting the books earlier than the release date - but I definately clicked on the link in his e-mail and have definately got a delivery date for early December. So gives the impression that they're not sending them out until after the normal release date of 1 December - unless the Super-Saver delivery is Super-slow?!

Not that it bothers me much - most of them are Christmas pressies anyway.
  • On The Road
    Using the affiliate link at the moment isn't telling you that you'll get it early. :-(
    • student100
    • By student100 4th Nov 05, 3:56 PM
    • 1,054 Posts
    • 333 Thanks
    student100
    Have just noticed The Money Diet is #1 in Amazon's Hot 100 Books at the moment (beating Jamie Oliver and Sharon Osborne)! It's not released for a month!
    student100 hasn't been a student since 2007...
    • m00nie
    • By m00nie 4th Nov 05, 4:07 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    m00nie
    Have just noticed The Money Diet is #1 in Amazon's Hot 100 Books at the moment (beating Jamie Oliver and Sharon Osborne)! It's not released for a month!
    by student100
    thats great news..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

621Posts Today

5,896Users online

Martin's Twitter