train tickets

Hiya, I am a student and travelling home is getting quite expensive. I am at leeds university but live in kent. Usually it costs me £45.50 or over for a return ticket. I have looked at two singles but doesn't cost me any less, wondering if you would be able to help me or any sites you recomend? I want to leave on the 23rd of october from leeds to faversham and return on the 28th of october from faversham to leeds. I dont mind what times these are. if you could help would be great!

Thanks
kirstie

Comments

• opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2012 at 8:24PM
    I doubt you'll get much better.

Have you tried splitting at Grantham?

Booking via TopCashback and their link to FirstTransPennine will get you 1% cashback.

Virgin pay 2% cashback.
  • dauphin
    dauphin Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why not go by coach? National Express have offers on at the moment, starting at about £12 return Leeds to London Victoria, and another £12 return Victoria to Canterbury (booking a through journey from Leeds to Canterbury comes up a lot more expensive). From there you could maybe get family or friends to collect you, alternatively take a local bus service.
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    kirstie123 wrote: »
    Hiya, I am a student and travelling home is getting quite expensive. I am at leeds university but live in kent. Usually it costs me £45.50 or over for a return ticket. I have looked at two singles but doesn't cost me any less, wondering if you would be able to help me or any sites you recomend? I want to leave on the 23rd of october from leeds to faversham and return on the 28th of october from faversham to leeds. I dont mind what times these are. if you could help would be great!

Thanks
    kirstie

TBH I can't see how you are getting it so cheap. Exactly what fare is that? The cheapest return fare I can see is over £70 - with a railcard.

You may get a small discount on the East Coast site - and if you haven't a 16-25 railcard (assuming you are eligible) then that will help too
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure