Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 January 2016 at 9:22PM
    Options
    stugra wrote: »

A little incentive of just the £30 cashback equivalent would have been enough for me to stay :(

Time to switch again......

I think that you will find that suppliers are not allowed to offer one off discounts to retain customers. The Cashback that you mention is a referral fee paid by a supplier to a third-party, such as MoneySupermarket, which the third-party elects to share. Other comparison sites just hang on to the money!!
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RichieUK wrote: »
    I've been with Eon for nearly a year on the v14 tariff and whilst I have been happy with the CS the new v17 tariff doesn't appear very competitive for me. In particular the electricity is 13.703p/kWH on v17 compared to 10.440p/kWH on v14, a 31% increase. For me I can save approx £100 by switching suppliers, perhaps slightly more if I choose one which utilises my E7 electricity meter and I put the washing machine/drier and dishwasher on overnight.

Hi RichieUK

Glad you've been happy with us and fully appreciate you can save money by switching. Thought I'd pop on to let you know about the Price Protection window that kicks in when fixed term contracts like yours are nearing the end. The window is open from the date on your renewal notice until 20 working days after the contract ends. Provided we're told, we'll make sure you're protected against any price changes that aren't in your favour whilst a change of supplier goes through. Also, exit fees don't apply whilst the Price Protection window is open.

Switching supplier usually takes about two and half weeks. If we don't hear from you, the account will automatically default to our standard plan once the fixed term contract ends.

Hope this is of interest RichieUK.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    stugra wrote: »
    Just spent 50 minutes on the phone to ask if E.ON wanted to keep me as a customer - they said not. For me:

Scottish Power £35 a year plus £30 cashback cheaper
    nPower £78 a year plus £30 cashback cheaper

A little incentive of just the £30 cashback equivalent would have been enough for me to stay :(

Time to switch again......

Hi stugra and sorry you had such a long conversation with us without the result you wanted. Hengus is spot on. We're not allowed to offer individual deals to retain customers. We're limited to 4 tariffs. These are the ones on our website and, I suspect, the ones our advisor went through with you. If you're not already aware, they should also have let you know about lower standing charges for paying with a Monthly Direct Debit, discounts for taking both fuels/paperless billing and our Reward Points scheme.

If you're currently on a fixed deal, the Price Protection window I mentioned to RichieUK above (post 513) might be of interest.

Hope this is explains stugra.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Vladel
    Options
    We switched to EON last year and in the summer they decided to up our debit from £78 to £96 to make sure we would break even and now we have switched and reckon if we used the same in the last month and a half as we did in the three months prior, we would still be £200 in credit. Also when we were with the eon the bills would be instant once we gave meter readings, they got those a week ago and they are still preparing the bill! What a joke, it's our money and they are holding on to it.
    Options
    Hi Vladel and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you're leaving and are unhappy with the way the switch is going.

Final bills after a change of supplier are handled a bit differently from other types of billing. In these cases, it's the responsibility of the new supplier to let the old supplier have the meter readings they intend to use to open their account. The old supplier will use the same readings to close their account and issue a final bill. This is to stop the same energy from being charged twice.

It's good you've given us meter readings and thank you for doing this. Thought it might help if I explain what happens during a change of supplier. Electronic messages pass between the two suppliers and certain third parties like the regional distributors, meter operators, meter reading agents, national databases etc. These messages let all those involved with your energy supply know about the changed circumstances. One of the messages concerns the meter readings. These come to us via a third party who check they're in line with past usage at the property. Once they've checked them, they pass the readings to both suppliers who use them on their opening/closing bills as above.

From here, final bills/refunds are usually sorted within a couple of weeks. If you're an online customer, we'll send you an email once the bill is ready.

Sorry again you're unhappy with the way things are going but hope this helps explain what happens.

Malc
  • onzey
    onzey Posts: 830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've seen the 'Real Time Billing' tool mentioned a few times in this thread but I can't see it when I'm logged in to my eon account.

Please can someone point out where it is?

Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Go to Meter Readings and when you add a meter reading, it will tell you what your credit/debit balance is and ask if you would like a bill generated.
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mallyboy5 wrote: »
    can honestly say i have found EON to be the best energy co both on price and communication as who wpuld complain if they offer to halve your bill after 6 months and before joining EON i was with one of the small companies who said my payment was £44 when i joined them but 2 months later increased my payment to £56 but when i got a quote from EON was told £46 but since my last reading THEY have dropped it to £23 and i send in readings every monthand its a digital meter so its easy to read so all i can say is a big thanks to EON

Also very pleased with E.On through MSE, great company great communications would recommend highly :beer:
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
    edited 22 January 2016 at 6:34PM
    Options
    onzey wrote: »
    I've seen the 'Real Time Billing' tool mentioned a few times in this thread but I can't see it when I'm logged in to my eon account.

Please can someone point out where it is?

Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply onzey. Missed your post.

Good advice from gsmlnx. Thanks gsmlnx. Just to add, as you've registered with our website, you can use the 'Real Time Billing' tool by logging in and popping meter readings in as usual. You'll be given the option of seeing what balance would result or creating your own bill by choosing 'Request a Bill.' Useful for keeping on top of how much you're spending on energy so no sudden shocks.

The only time you won't be given this option is if the account is in what we call the 'Billing Window.' For quarterly billed customers, this window is open 14 days either side of the next bill date. The first set of readings entered whilst the window is open automatically creates a bill.

Sorry again for the late reply but hope this helps.

Malc
    Options
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    Also very pleased with E.On through MSE, great company great communications would recommend highly :beer:

Thanks for the kind words MoneyMate. They're really appreciated by Amy, Helena and myself. I'll be sure to pass them on. :T

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback