Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Missko
    Missko Posts: 253 Forumite
    Please, please help me. Both you and Scottish Power insist you are supplying my gas and are billing me. I have spent hours and hours on the phone, email, twitter, everything. No-one cares and I am so stressed out and upset. Imran on the phone today just laughed at me and told me it was actually co-op who were my previous suppliers, not Scottish Power. He also told me I was rude and was throwing ammunition at him. I'm at the end of my tether and don't know where to turn.
    Credit Card £4350 @ 0% until October 2015
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Missko wrote: »
    Please, please help me. Both you and Scottish Power insist you are supplying my gas and are billing me. I have spent hours and hours on the phone, email, twitter, everything. No-one cares and I am so stressed out and upset. Imran on the phone today just laughed at me and told me it was actually co-op who were my previous suppliers, not Scottish Power. He also told me I was rude and was throwing ammunition at him. I'm at the end of my tether and don't know where to turn.

Hello Missko and I'm sorry you're having these problems. I'm also sorry our advisor laughed. This clearly isn't funny. I'd follow Helena's advice on the thread you started last week at the link below.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5831913

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I was wondering if one of the e-on reps could help with this question, i am moving supplier on the 9th May, my direct debit date with e-on is the 15th that i would imagine would be the usual amount that i've been paying every month, after my last check with meter readings it looks like i've got a little bit extra to pay after the direct debit amount to zero the account.

The new energy company i am going with is one that charges in advance, so the month ahead will be very tight money wise for us, so can one of the e-on reps tell me how the final billing all works please.

I am taking it at the 9th May being the switch that the 15th would be too soon for everything being neat and tidy so if that is the case, when would the remainder that is due be taken, on the next billing date of the 15th (June) or would there be another bill generated before that?

Just would really like to know as i said money is very tight and every penny counts, i have tried looking on the website and there was even a link in the "sorry to see you go email" but instead of linking to things you need to know for leaving it redirects to selling tariffs!

Many Thanks, i've been with e-on for a few years now, but unfortunately the current tariffs are all £20+ a month more than we currently pay, so we have no alternative but to look elsewhere.
    I was wondering if one of the e-on reps could help with this question, i am moving supplier on the 9th May, my direct debit date with e-on is the 15th that i would imagine would be the usual amount that i've been paying every month, after my last check with meter readings it looks like i've got a little bit extra to pay after the direct debit amount to zero the account.

The new energy company i am going with is one that charges in advance, so the month ahead will be very tight money wise for us, so can one of the e-on reps tell me how the final billing all works please.

I am taking it at the 9th May being the switch that the 15th would be too soon for everything being neat and tidy so if that is the case, when would the remainder that is due be taken, on the next billing date of the 15th (June) or would there be another bill generated before that?

Just would really like to know as i said money is very tight and every penny counts, i have tried looking on the website and there was even a link in the "sorry to see you go email" but instead of linking to things you need to know for leaving it redirects to selling tariffs!

Many Thanks, i've been with e-on for a few years now, but unfortunately the current tariffs are all £20+ a month more than we currently pay, so we have no alternative but to look elsewhere.

Morning Steven and happy to help.

Sorry to lose you but totally understand what you're saying about making every penny count.

Your new supplier will drive the switch. They'll send us their opening meter readings and we'll use the same ones to close our account and issue the final bill. This stops the same energy from being charged twice. We aim to send final bills within 32 working days of the transfer date. If you've registered with our website for paperless billing, we'll put this bill online and send an email to let you know.

Once the account closes, no further regular monthly payments will be taken. Where there's an active Direct Debit and there's an outstanding balance, we'll collect this as a one off Direct Debit. We'll let you know when we're going to do this on the final bill. Usually this is around 14 days after the final bill date.

If your account closes on 9 May 18, we wouldn't take the payment due on 15 May 18. As above, the full amount on the final bill will be collected on the date advised.

Should you close the Direct Debit, we'll ask for immediate payment of any outstanding balance. There are various ways to pay including online through our website or mobile app. Alternatively, you can pay by card over the phone from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays.

Hope this explains Steven. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • steven_cardwell
    steven_cardwell Posts: 220
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 26 April 2018 at 3:37PM
    Morning Steven and happy to help.

Sorry to lose you but totally understand what you're saying about making every penny count.

Your new supplier will drive the switch. They'll send us their opening meter readings and we'll use the same ones to close our account and issue the final bill. This stops the same energy from being charged twice. We aim to send final bills within 32 working days of the transfer date. If you've registered with our website for paperless billing, we'll put this bill online and send an email to let you know.

Once the account closes, no further regular monthly payments will be taken. Where there's an active Direct Debit and there's an outstanding balance, we'll collect this as a one off Direct Debit. We'll let you know when we're going to do this on the final bill. Usually this is around 14 days after the final bill date.

If your account closes on 9 May 18, we wouldn't take the payment due on 15 May 18. As above, the full amount on the final bill will be collected on the date advised.

Should you close the Direct Debit, we'll ask for immediate payment of any outstanding balance. There are various ways to pay including online through our website or mobile app. Alternatively, you can pay by card over the phone from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays.

Hope this explains Steven. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Many Thanks.

I've loved the control i had with the website, seeing the direct debit info and being able to change payments myself, check tariffs etc and i have been lucky over the last few years of finding a new eon fix similar to the one ending each time, its just unfortunate that this time it wasn't the case as it can be often the devil you know, especially more so when you have had a decent experience over the years, plus of course you guys replying here on the forums.

Where i work its a 38 week contract that is paid over 12 months and my other half hasn't been well and currently isn't working, hence the money is tight, especially when paying off the previous supplier whilst the new one wants to charge in advance, so the next month will certainly be counting pennies!
    Many Thanks.

I've loved the control i had with the website, seeing the direct debit info and being able to change payments myself, check tariffs etc and i have been lucky over the last few years of finding a new eon fix similar to the one ending each time, its just unfortunate that this time it wasn't the case as it can be often the devil you know, especially more so when you have had a decent experience over the years, plus of course you guys replying here on the forums.

Where i work its a 38 week contract that is paid over 12 months and my other half hasn't been well and currently isn't working, hence the money is tight, especially when paying off the previous supplier whilst the new one wants to charge in advance, so the next month will certainly be counting pennies!

Hello Steven and glad you've found our MSE replies useful.

Also pleased you've been happy with our website. We've been developing this over the years to give customers more tools, like the Direct Debit Manager, to help them keep on top of their accounts.

As above, totally understand the need to keep costs down and to make as many savings as possible. Hope all goes well in the future and your other half starts to feel a little better soon.

Have a good weekend Steven.

Malc
  • Malc/Helena

Quick question for you.

When existing customers switch from E.ON to another supplier does part of the process include the standard 'Sorry you're leaving email' which most other suppliers seem to use.

I couldn't find any record of receiving this type of email from E.ON the last time I switched away only the usual "Your electricity tariff is ending on XXXXXX - it's time to renew" and then nothing else.

It would be very useful for customers to have acknowledgement from E.ON that you are aware of the switch away (price protection etc.) and that it's underway.
    Malc/Helena

Quick question for you.

When existing customers switch from E.ON to another supplier does part of the process include the standard 'Sorry you're leaving email' which most other suppliers seem to use.

I couldn't find any record of receiving this type of email from E.ON the last time I switched away only the usual "Your electricity tariff is ending on XXXXXX - it's time to renew" and then nothing else.

It would be very useful for customers to have acknowledgement from E.ON that you are aware of the switch away (price protection etc.) and that it's underway.

Morning youravinalarrrf and thanks for your question.

Yes, we send sorry you're leaving us letters, emails and texts to customers switching away. These go out whilst customers are still in cooling off with the gaining supplier. Whether it's a letter, email or text depends on the contact preferences customers have chosen.

We've revamped this recently and, depending on when you last switched away, the service might have not been as comprehensive as it is now. Although, if you've told us you don't want marketing stuff, this will also have stopped this type of contact.

Hope this answers your question youravinalarrrf. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
  • youravinalarrrf
    youravinalarrrf Posts: 575
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 May 2018 at 2:16PM
    Malc,

Thanks for the reply.

I've just checked my old correspondence and I did in fact receive a 'Sorry you are leaving' letter last time I left E.ON but definitely no email which is why I asked the question.

Strange that E.ON would consider it as 'marketing' and not send a simple email as to me it's just part of account management not marketing and absolutely no different to the 'Your electricity tariff is ending on XXXXXX - it's time to renew' email?

EDIT: Speak of the devil! I probably jumped the gun a bit as I've just received the 'Sorry to hear you're leaving us' email just now. :o
    Malc,

Thanks for the reply.

I've just checked my old correspondence and I did in fact receive a 'Sorry you are leaving' letter last time I left E.ON but definitely no email which is why I asked the question.

Strange that E.ON would consider it as 'marketing' and not send a simple email as to me it's just part of account management not marketing and absolutely no different to the 'Your electricity tariff is ending on XXXXXX - it's time to renew' email?

Happy to help youravinalarrrf.

Previously, as you received a letter, you wouldn't have had an email as well. This is something we're looking at for the future.

Marketing's a tricky one. Some see all forms of contact as marketing particularly if it involves tariffs. Others, want contact only if it concerns our contractual or statutory obligations; whilst some don't want any contact at all.

To try to accommodate as many customers as possible we've introduced servicing and marketing preferences. This lets customers choose what we contact them about and how we do this. They can change these preferences at any time either over the phone or through their online accounts. By opting to receive marketing material, customers will receive the sorry you're leaving contact.

There will, though, still be certain types of contact we need to make to meet our contractual and statutory obligations. For example, changes to prices and Terms and Conditions.

We're currently reviewing how and when we contact customers. Hope this explains a little more youravinalarrrf.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback