Time to get serious

Comments

• The field is in a part of the country where mining used to take place, so it is worth checking that there were no mining operations close by, which might cause holes to suddenly appear!
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Haha our plot had to be checked for mines as well as we are close to an old coal place! Glad its all safe!

Well done on the wallpapering! Very impressive!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Thank you Jodles, wallpapering is completely finished now and the room looks amazing :)

I managed to get a fair bit done yesterday, despite another crazy work day.

CP is updated and arranged for collection of clothes recycling.

Also I've chased up Sant, sent in paperwork for changing over account to joint weeks ago and not heard anything back. I'm just a bit worried the paperwork has gone astray :eek:

A bit more decluttering and paper shredding completed too.
  • Well another crazy week for work. Some of our customers are in retail, so lots of prep work for Black Friday today.

I rang Santy in the end as messages indicated paperwork hadn't been received, when I rang up it looked like the process of adding hubby to the account was in progress, so panic over, the paperwork hadn't gone missing!

Tiling the bits in the kitchen we hadn't got round to previously now, it is coming together. Plasterer still hasn't been...I do hate waiting on other people for things, I hope he comes soon.

The recycling bags didn't get collected yesterday either, so another thing to chase up. There is always something!!

Good luck to everyone trying to bag a great deal today, I will be mostly trying to keep my head down and get to the weekend unscathed :)
  • finishing all the jobs for someone else :D , we all do it don't we?

I only want a couple of christmas presents, OH want a tablet/ipad. Don't think I'll venture out today
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • A nice quiet day here yesterday, so much paper shredded! I didn't realise we had kept so much! Lots of space cleared and some more rubbish thrown out. Lovely bracing walk with the dog too.

I'm thinking of getting a garden incinerator thing (like a dustbin) but not sure whether to brave the shops. This might be better for burning the paper as the recyclers didn't take it last week, then the landfill guys took it (both come same day here). Also it could be useful for clearing garden/field rubbish.

Christmas delivery slot just booked with Sains after seeing Janey had booked hers on her diary. I normally get an email, so didn't expect the slots to be there, but they were!

Planning on making soup and some baking today and going for a ride.
    DD1 & DGS are coming for dinner and have requested cottage pie!
  • Not much happening here on the field/moving front.

Lots of cooking & baking done on Sunday along with the usual ironing. Horse ride was very chilly, it's very dark and wintery at the moment. I can't wait to be riding around our new field, the riding is so much better there.

Hubby is still cracking on with the little decorating jobs in between work.
    We've decided not to get each other presents for Christmas this year, we are saying the field is our present to each other. I did warn him I wasn't going to wrap it up!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,886 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    We've decided not to get each other presents for Christmas this year, we are saying the field is our present to each other. I did warn him I wasn't going to wrap it up!
    We've not done presents since starting this journey. I did buy Mr Watty a present last year but it was something I knew he really really wanted and wouldn't have bought himself. But on the whole a future is a whole lot better as a present :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Haha I have visions of the fence and gate all wrapped up and finished with a bow!

We love presents in this house and set a budget, Im still a big kid with Christmas!

Sounds like decluttering is going really well!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Watty1 wrote: »
    But on the whole a future is a whole lot better as a present :)

Love this, what a fantastic sentiment.

I'm also half tempted to put a bow on the gate now that Jodles has put that image in my head!!

Still no movement on anything house/field related. It's the start of the month, so all the little leftover bits of money in the accounts tidied over, along with the hali reward and some small bits of interest.
    I'm not keeping a running total at the moment, just stockpiling it all in one place until everything has gone through and we can then see where we are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure