Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• I know what you mean. I've already pestered my broker a bit too much! Hopefully he's used to it :o

I'm currently trying to distract myself by cruising Pinterest for pretty house things! Hopefully that will keep my mind off mortgage stuff (unless of course we're told to get lost in which case eyeing up pretty things will make it all so much worse :cool:).
  • Oh yes, I go through bouts of chucking loads of stuff on Pinterest, and then refusing to look at it in case it tempts fate! I'm buying a new build too, so really do have to choose everything!
  • Sparkle15
    Sparkle15 Posts: 67 Forumite
    haha that is so strange my son and i have just been looking at pinterest, great minds think alike :)

We went looking at wood burners for the living room on the weekend and have been looking at tons on pinterest, eeek need them keys!
  • cat1984
    cat1984 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Lazysundays haha!! I refuse to speak about anything to do with the house until I at least hear back on the mortgage application. I feel like a bit of a bore, but can't help but feel like it's a little bit of protection incase things go wrong. I did have a little nose through a recent h&m catalogue and swooned over the garden items for an hour or so before reminding myself how scared I was haha!

Airyfairy - you're in good company :)
  • The mortgage application is the only part that unnerves me. I don't know why - I've always been nervous about anything to do with credit, I immediately feel like a new graduate with no money again, getting nervous about credit checks, even though that was over 15 years ago and I have had a good credit record for years lol.

Totally irrational! Although my broker did say he preferred it when clients were a little apprehensive, rather than totally cocky about it :D
  • cat1984
    I think it's only natural :) Unless of course nothing phases you whatsoever! I envy those people haha.

I don't think I'll worry so much about the stages following application. I'm sure there will be an element of it kind, just nothing like this.

I will be over the moon once this first hurdle is over (providing it's positive new of course) :)
  • I broke down and bought bedside lamps at the weekend.... Its so hard not buying things! My rationale was that we would need them wherever we end up :D
  • cat1984
    Hahaha! I am so so desperate to participate in buying household items, but I'm scared it'll jinx me! We're all mad fools! Haha
  • I broke down and bought bedside lamps at the weekend.... Its so hard not buying things! My rationale was that we would need them wherever we end up :D

As mine is a new build and I took absolutely no incentives off them at all, as wanted to keep the purchase price as cheap as possible, I'm spending absolutely nothing to make sure I have as much as possible to spend on kitchen upgrades, flooring, tiling and other bits. Luckily I have a fair amount of furniture and furnishings already :D
  • I'm the same!! Bought something the other day (a doormat - yes i am ridiculous) and started to panic because I thought I'd 'cursed' it. My husband, quite rightly, thinks I'm mad.

We're also buying a new build (4 bed) and we're starting from scratch so there's lots of furniture to buy! Need to keep reminding myself that we don't have to buy it all for moving in. Very exciting... and a tad overwhelming!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback