Post Office Savings Withdrawal Issues

Options
I opened an account with Post Office Online Saver when MSE rightly advertised about 1.27% AER.

However every-time I try to withdraw some funds (from INSTANT SAVERS account), I get error message as: Transfer cannot be applied at this time.

I tried during both normal banking hours and outside banking hours.

I called 08001697500 and the person on the phone said that there is a technical issue on my account and I have to call again between 9am to 5pm to have this resolved.

However there was no mention of technical error EVER when I login to the account or when I try to initiate the funds. Surely Post Office needs to resolve the error without the need of me having to ring them?

Also how is this INSTANT SAVER when we can't access funds INSTANTLY?

They could have mentioned at the time of account opening that for first withdrawal, customer will have to call them.

Very Poor service.

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is a very regular experience people make, and it is being reported here again and again.

Perhaps people should simply stop putting money into a PO account. I have.
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The technical issue on your account may not be with the technology (the database and web servers) but with the information, such as your name being spelled differently on the account and the account you're withdrawing to, or the electoral roll.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • Stubod
    Stubod Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 14 November 2017 at 1:00PM
    Options
    Never more than a few weeks go by and there are "issues" reported with PO savings account..and these sort of issues have been going on for at least 3 years to my knowledge, (when I had the same experiences and left ASAP)...obviously crap IT , and even worse customer "support"..

Its not worth the hassle ..just find somewhere else to put your money...I did.
    .."It's everybody's fault but mine...."
  • hunter47
    Options
    I have the exact same issue. Tried to withdraw but got the message transfer cannot be applied at this time. Got the same message when attempting to close the account. Phoned them , said I'd have to ring between 9and 5. They said there is a technical issue with their system. Still trying to get my money. Easy instant access is slow, drawn out quibbling.
  • bluehydrangeas
    Options
    Hi all,
    Bumping this thread as I am having the same issue. Opened 2 PO Online Saver accounts recently (within the last month). I am unable to withdraw money from them as I receive the same message that others have received when attempting to withdraw - "The transfer cannot be applied at this time". I should be able to withdraw whenever I wish to - it's supposed be to an instant access savings account. Very shoddy service from the PO. Luckily I only have £3 deposited in the accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure