Vauxhall insignia or Nissan Juke high specification

2»

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A Nissan Micra with big wheels or an Insignia which is a large family sized car?

Ever bought a car before?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    HWG wrote: »
    I read recently that the Insignia was the fastest-depreciating car in the UK... Worth a thought as the 15 plate is still relatively new.

Also worth considering that the "disinterested" dealer may have just priced the car competitively, and doesn't feel the need to be overly welcoming as they know the car will sell itself.

I read that too, but I rented an Insignia once and I thought it was very good - smooth, comfortable, and powerful enough. A used one not too old would be a good buy.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    How about a Golf Plus?
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/golf-plus-2009-2013
    Plenty of space, higher driving position, VW reliability. Not a ball of fire, but a good choice for a family.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    iolanthe07 wrote: »
    I read that too, but I rented an Insignia once and I thought it was very good - smooth, comfortable, and powerful enough. A used one not too old would be a good buy.

My current vehicle is an Insignia Grand Sport (latest 2017 model, 136PS 1.6 diesel, Techline Nav variant) and it's very nice. Plenty of space, comfortable, smooth, quiet ... and looks really nice. (I have neighbours who own Range Rovers and BMWs comment favourably about it).
  • Yes I have never bought a car before. i was trying to understand all about cars in a month time and i think this twisted my brain a bit.. the previous and comfortable car i was driving it was an automatic jeep grand cherokee 2001, my exhusband choose it, I just paid for it. it was 4.7 petro with lpg money drinking car, last month did not passed mot and i did not want to spend more on it.

I was in a kind of lost paradise when thinking about those cars. I went through a process of having to renounce to a big car and to try to get a small family car and i do not know how i ended up with the juke and the insignia, well I read about vauxall astra ecoflex to one of the cleanest cars? then i was looking around astra when i found the salon model lookin nice
    Honestly a car that goes with me, with my style and tune life seems it should be something a lot cheaper than that to keep the cash for bigger projects but still to be reliable and safe. a car to carry my daughter to a potential village school, i may need moving too. my 3000 miles a year could increase to more than 10k so I thought in whatever case I should get a diesel car.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts, I really appreciate. I am looking into ford focus, vauxall astra, corsa as well.
    I was meant to pay today for the juke. I had a second thought and decided to think better about it. I wish I could know the one to choose, I am easy to be seduced with a good looking car funny enough I was not liking the juke at first :( and now I am again lost.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Even 10k a year is very borderline for a diesel ... the engine would likely never get warm enough to allow the DPF to clean. You'd be better getting a petrol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure