Dream World Travel Flight Tickets Not Issued For Months?

Hi, Apologies in advance this is my first post.
I always look to your site for the best advice it's a great place to find info about scams and deals etc, the work and extent on it is amazing!
I booked flights through Kayak as I followed your links for cheap flights, and clicked through to another travel agent called Dream World Travel after clicking on the flights and costs I was after, not thinking anything of it I proceeded with full payment of 2 separate flights a total of £3,557. I received a booking confirmation and an ATOL certificate shortly after but I have not received any tickets yet, this was nearly 2 weeks ago. I called the airline and they could see my fights reserved but could see the tickets have not been issued.
I called DWT and they said their ticketing system was on the blink and they had to do it all manually but I don't believe this is the case. I am assuming they are waiting for some deals or a cheaper option before actually issuing me my tickets. They said they will issue them in February, I asked what date and they couldn't tell me. I asked to speak to the manager who was not there, so I was promised a call back and and email which I got neither.
My main concern is that it will come to close to when we are about to fly and I won't have my tickets. I am travelling with my 2 kids and my wife, our outbound are different as my wife is coming later, but our return are the same as we will need to travel together.
I was not aware that they would be doing this otherwise I would of just gone to the airline, more expensive but hassle free.
I wanted to mention it on here as I know you never condole anything apart from what can help people as there are a lot of scams out there and thought you or any on the forum would want to be aware of this way they operate in advance.
I did notice afterwards that there are a lot of reviews saying how bad they are and I went to a fair few other travel agents that were linked into Kayak which were also really badly reviewed, saying things like 'they just take your money and mess with your flights' which is scary. I thought this can't be the case otherwise MSE wouldn't continue to advise on these linked sites, this is what has confused me.
I was hoping I could get some reassurance that this process is normal and I can just sit back and wait for my tickets otherwise am I within my rights to ask for a refund and go directly to the airline and pay £750 more for the same tickets?

:money:

Many thanks to the future advice
P

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,278 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Did you pay by card?

If so, you can write to DWT and state clearly that unless your tickets are issued within (say 14 days you will require a refund, and if necessary contact your card issuer to request a charge-back on the grounds that the tickets for which you have paid have not been provided.

Incidentally, this site recommends Kayak and Skyscanner as useful tools (along with ItaSoftware) for finding the dates on which flights are cheap. It does not recommend that travel agents who choose to advertise on Kayak and Skyscanner.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    If so, you can write to DWT and state clearly that unless your tickets are issued within (say 14 days you will require a refund, and if necessary contact your card issuer to request a charge-back on the grounds that the tickets for which you have paid have not been provided.

I don't believe this will be successful at this time. If DWT have said tickets will be provided in February then the card issuer won't consider a Chargeback until the tickets have failed to be provided on schedule.
  • There is something called the Ticketing Time Limit.

This is how long is allowed between booking the flights+how far in advance the date of travel is to determine when the ticket must be issued and depends on the booking class/airline. Miss it and the booking will be cancelled by the airline.

If you are concerned call the airline back and ask what the TTL is for your booking.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There are many not-so-good third parties out there that pay to advertise on comparison sites. The comparison sites do not vet these advertisers (in the same way a newspaper doesn't) so an extra step is required to research who you are giving your (large amount of) money to
    There is a thread here about DWT where you can see others experiences
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k9757503-Dream_World_Travel-Air_Travel.html
  • I must admit I only use Expedia other than the airlines themselves for flights but I never get 'proper' tickets just a piece of paper with the flight details on - this you show when you check in and that's it.
    OP have you had this?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I must admit I only use Expedia other than the airlines themselves for flights but I never get 'proper' tickets just a piece of paper with the flight details on - this you show when you check in and that's it...

If it’s a traditional airline, do you notice a ticket number?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • richardw wrote: »
    If it’s a traditional airline, do you notice a ticket number?

Not as far as I can remember - we have flown BA and Thos Cook to USA in the last few years.
    We book through Expedia as stated - then almost immediately we get an e-mail with confirmation of the booking (normally states we do not have to re-confirm) from the airline - there is a booking number - not sure if this is the airline's or Expedia.
  • Please DO NOT BOOK ANY FLIGHTS WITH THIS COMPANY
    On 12 December 2018, I booked a flight through Dream World Travel’s (DWT) website and paid the full fare. Shortly after I received a booking confirmation and an ATOL certificate but I did not receive any tickets. They promised to email me the E-Tickets on the first week of January, I called them in January they emailed me back that they will issue them in mid February!!
    At this time I was sure that the booking is fake, they have no contract with any good airlines, or has been suspended, which they admitted in one of their emails to me, then they offered me a non direct flight, I refused and demanded a refund, had to rebook with a respected company at a much increased price.
    I have contacted all these staff:
    Zeeshan - Ticketing & Travel Consultant
    Henry
    Hassan
    Irfan Zaib
    Waqar
    Mike
    Lubna
    Hishan
    Hashim
    Bunch of liars and scam artists.

PS: All positive reviews you may read about Dream World Travel are FAKE.
    Please DO NOT BOOK ANY FLIGHTS WITH THIS COMPANY
    You have been warned.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sahranuk wrote: »
    On 12 December 2018, I booked a flight through Dream World Travel’s (DWT) website and paid the full fare. Shortly after I received a booking confirmation and an ATOL certificate but I did not receive any tickets. They promised to email me the E-Tickets on the first week of January, I called them in January they emailed me back that they will issue them in mid February!!
    At this time I was sure that the booking is fake, they have no contract with any good airlines, or has been suspended, which they admitted in one of their emails to me, then they offered me a non direct flight, I refused and demanded a refund, had to rebook with a respected company at a much increased price.
    I have contacted all these staff:
    Zeeshan - Ticketing & Travel Consultant
    Henry
    Hassan
    Irfan Zaib
    Waqar
    Mike
    Lubna
    Hishan
    Hashim
    Bunch of liars and scam artists.

PS: All positive reviews you may read about Dream World Travel are FAKE.
    You have been warned.

Did you get your money back from the company?
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    the warning should be research before booking, there is no cheap air fairy and you can find live prices on the airline website (many of the third party ticket floggers advertise fares that may have sold out months ago)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure