Aldi Thursday 15 Sept

Options
Aldi will have a variety of craft items from Thursday. Many are for sewing - cutting mats, sewing machines, fat quarters, rotary cutters etc but also items of interest to paper crafters.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuys/dates/thursday-15th-september/c/2016-09-15/?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ACraft&page=1

I might pop over and get some smaller cutting mats as the one I have is very large, and I have to keep it under the bed. It will also be interesting to see the fabric in person, as I'm not sure what the quality will be like.

Comments

• esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just to add - the digital sewing machine (£149.99) was available online today, having shown as sold out online earlier in the week. Free delivery, too.
  • Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    Just to add - the digital sewing machine (£149.99) was available online today, having shown as sold out online earlier in the week. Free delivery, too.

Interesting, but I can't see any brand name on it, anything about warranty, or who you would contact if there are problems.

I have a Toyota RS200 at the moment, with UK support (on the South Coast I seem to recall) if anything goes wrong. I've had it 10 years, no real problems with it, but useful to have a contact as I needed help with things such as choosing additional feet in the past.

Any idea who makes the Aldi machine?

I've been thinking about getting a computerised machine with some embroidery stitches, and have been looking at Brother and Pfaff, but it might not be this year.
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My hubby managed to get me the sewing machine , he was waiting for our local Aldi to open and good job he did cos they only had one .
    It's guaranteed for 3 yrs and the after sales support is Medion
    Not played with it yet x
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Written on the front of the actual machine is Easy Home x
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 September 2016 at 3:01PM
    Options
    In case anyone's still interested I've got mine today. 3 year warranty and after sales support numbers in UK and Ireland. I can't find a manufacturer
    but says produced in China for Aldi on the instruction booklet.

I've had a faithful Pfaff for years, bought second hand, but only does straight and zig zag, and buttonholes are a real pain to do, so I'm excited to try this machine out.
  • nuttywoman
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    In case anyone's still interested I've got mine today. 3 year warranty and after sales support numbers in UK and Ireland. I can't find a manufacturer
    but says produced in China for Aldi on the instruction booklet.

I've had a faithful Pfaff for years, bought second hand, but only does straight and zig zag, and buttonholes are a real pain to do, so I'm excited to try this machine out.

Hi tried mine out today and I`m very impressed with it ,its so quiet , I`ve had a go at doing lettering , I put my hubby`s initial on a pair of his boxer shorts :rotfl:
  • Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My purchases were a little more modest than the sewing machine. I got a couple of cutting mats, took them home and tried them out, and they were fine so I went back for some of the A3 ones, which had almost sold out. I got the last pink A3 mat.

I also got the rotary cutter. It doesn't cut fabric very well, it leaves odd threads still attached, but it cuts paper OK so I'll keep my Olfa for fabric and use the Aldi one for paper and card. It looks as though I could replace the Aldi blade with an Olfa one, but I haven't tried this.

I got the cutting knife as well (my old one is a Ryman brand), but haven't tried this yet.

I had a look at the fabric FQs, but they seemed very basic quality so I didn't buy any.
  • taj
    taj Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been playing with mine for a few days now and it seems OK. I wondering if anyone knew if I could get a universal walking foot for it and what type of needles will I buy. Has anyone got any suggestions p!ease.
    I love being a non smoker (almost 5 years)
    I love being frugal
    I love being debt free and have NSD
  • Lynneyboo
    Options
    l have purchased two of these machines, since Aldi and Medion first brought them out and both times the same issue has happened.
    The needle will not go through the hole to bring up the bobbin thread.
    First time it was withing the time for refund and second time it was after 7 months and Medion wanted it sent back to Germany for repair.
    Would not purchase one of these machines ever again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure