Legacy_user Posts: 0 Newbie
edited 1 October 2019 at 8:51AM in Small biz MoneySaving
Post deleted

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    when you took on the work did you do so against a written contract?

if yes, did it state whose law applies? England or Scotland?

if you failed to do that, why not just ask your Scottish system to tell you the answer
  • macmac1 wrote: »
    I'm self-employed and based in Scotland. A company in England owes me money for work I carried out and are not paying up. My intention is to advise them that if they don't pay by a certain date I will be taking legal action against them. However, since I'm based in Scotland (which uses something called simple procedure) and they're based in England (which uses small claims) I'm not sure which system I need to claim through. I'm hoping the threat of action will be enough to make them pay up, but if not I intend to follow through.
    Does anyone has any experience in this area or know where I can get advice on this?
    00ec25 wrote: »
    when you took on the work did you do so against a written contract?

if yes, did it state whose law applies? England or Scotland?

if you failed to do that, why not just ask your Scottish system to tell you the answer

Well I'm more than happy to express my thanks to 00ec25 for their time & effort provided freely in an attempt to assist the OP with their question :)

Perhaps this advice will assist others in future who find themselves with a similar query?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure