The Four D's

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to say good luck on your journey!

I also used to spend a fortune on coffee everyday, you can do this!

Dxxx
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Hi Dan! :hello:

I used to spend loads on coffee like you, it's just a one off treat now. I just try and make sure I have decent coffee in the cupboards and a flask from said coffee shop to make me feel like I am still having them :rotfl: it's scary how much it all adds up!

Following and cheering you on :j

Hey SSDD23 :)

I think i find it way too easy to convince myself it is just one coffee. The crazy thing is we do have everything at the office i work in to make tea/coffee. It really has shocked me how much of the spends i have is put on the coffee. I work a 4 on 4 off pattern so the 12 hours nights are sooooooo boring and coffee is used lots!:rotfl:

There is a nice coffee i liked that seems expensive in supermarket at the time but then the amount i would save by not needing to pop to the coffee shop would be beneficial.

Thanks for popping in and supporting, strap in it could be a crazy journey! Hope ur weekend job is going well.
  • FootyFanDan
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to say good luck on your journey!

I also used to spend a fortune on coffee everyday, you can do this!

Dxxx

Hey Dolly!

Thanks for popping in. It just too easy for me to do, i convince myself that its one, but that one every few days i work builds up. The reality is i would say its poor (lazy) planning on my side, i need to get a grip on it coz that moeny could supplement something else that i would be cutting down on. Deffo something to think over

Hope your weekend is going well
  • FootyFanDan
    Options
    Evening MSE

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Woooo last night was my last shift for 12 days! YAY. One of the perks of my rota is that it only cost me 4 days of my holiday days and i always feel super refreshed after the time off, felt extra tired this morning due to me working one extra shift so a total of 60 hours worked :O. Unfortunately that meant i slept more than i normally would and now i am in for a late night until my body adjusts.

I spent last night doing a new spreadsheet, oh boy do i love a good spreadsheet haha. It now updated with all income/outgoings and expected debt payments, but also linked so shows me the impact of paying the extra bits so hoping this will motivate me. One thing that has kinda left me feeling a bit like a failure is that my income against outgoings shows that i could easily overpay stuff but for the stupid little spends, plus the expensive satellite subscription and personal spends. It shows that if i can limit this and adjust i could get this sorted so deffo something to think over.
  • FootyFanDan
    Options
    To Do List

Meal Plan(properly) - normally shopping would have been done today but the late wake up due to night shift and also the fact we have appointment at hospital with daughter tomorrow means need to do list tonight and then shop around that.

Spreadsheet - Complete this til the end of year with predicted figures and then look at what to pay 1st. Not sure what i am going to find easier to keep me on track :

Pay one debt of at a time to see it settled

Or

a steady spread of payments to keep all debts fed.

Research - Need to find a way to feed my sports addiction cheaper! I was thinking of maybe a now TV sub but heard mixed reviews about the quality of streams on sports channels. Any one any experience?
  • FootyFanDan
    Options
    Evening All,

What a crappy weather day today as been...its meant to be summer right? haha! Took daughter to park today and got soaked

Today wasn't a NSD due to visit to hospital with daughter so needed petrol and parking, also got the shopping which did come in under budget due to some vouchers :) Not got a lot planned for the next few days so hopefully these will be the 1st few tracked NSD of my journey. I can already see how been accountable to my diary could work.

Completed my full spreadsheet with my current payments i am making which means i will have taken a fair chunk of the figure by xmas 2019, any overpayments i can will make a dent into it as well. I need to look at what i can overpay.
  • FootyFanDan
    Options
    I'm 34 and work in a very boring job but it does pay the bills...well it does now :), I live with partner and 4 yr old daughter. We have quite a nice rented property but it doesn't really feel like our home as it is still mainly decorated like it was when we moved in and i think that must change as if we intend to see out this journey its likely to be our home for at least another 3/4 years.

Although i want this journey to be successful I know that as a family we still have to live and I need to strike a balance as i know if i cut back to the bone that will make me lose focus and go back to my old ways.

I think balance is key to me getting this fixed
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It sounds like you know what you need to do. You mentioned how you might pay the debts off. Some people would say concentrate on the one with the highest interest as that would save you money, others would say try and pay the smaller ones off as it means the number of creditors goes down.
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
  • FootyFanDan
    Options
    Karonher wrote: »
    It sounds like you know what you need to do. You mentioned how you might pay the debts off. Some people would say concentrate on the one with the highest interest as that would save you money, others would say try and pay the smaller ones off as it means the number of creditors goes down.

I believe that paying off the smaller ones can be done quite quickly and in my head seeing them settled will probably be more pleasing in the short term. I am aware that process becomes longer once i start to move on to the bigger balances, hoepfully through budgeting and overpaying by the time i get to the bigger balances i will have more disposable income.

Ideally the annual costs like car tax, breakdown cover, car insurance i want to be in a postion in March 2020 to pay up front which would also release more funds monthly. Its not going to be easy as mindset change needed i think, but i am ready to give it my best shot
  • FootyFanDan
    Options
    Morning :)

Another rainy start here today. A late night watching a combo of a late night watching a boxset and an early start to take little one to nursery means a tired start to day.

Plan Today

* Drink a coffee and eat breakfast - Done
    * Wash the dishes..Yay - done
    * Got plenty of house work to be doing today
    * Declutter ready to get some stuff to sell that i no longer use.
    * Try find some podcasts / stuff to help me feel a bit more relaxed, do get a little stressy sometimes :(

Have a great day!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure