Determed To Do It

Comments

• SSDD23 - you are very welcome :)

If you g00gle "share amazon prime with family" there is a step by step guide!

Will show OH this evening :D

Small little win for the day, I have previously always used the "I want to cancel" tactic to get a discount on the Now TV passes we have, then stopped getting offered it (presumably because I'd done it for about a year straight) and just went on and got discounted passes for another 4 months, saving about £7 each month :)

We don't have a tv package or anything like that, we just use internet stuff like Now TV :)
  • What a busy weekend! I had hoped for my only lie-in for the week yesterday (a.k.a. 8am) but OH's kids were awake at 6am :( I woke up this morning genuinely hoping it was Sunday again and I could have a lie-in, but alas it was Monday :rotfl: oh well, maybe this weekend!

It's been a productive few days, I've been doing qualification stuff for some online work, and I've qualified for two projects and taken an exam for the third (find out the result on Friday), so over the next few weeks I should be able to make a start on those which will provide some serious dents in the debt!

Second job was good this weekend, I feel like I am finally finding my feet properly and can do most bits and pieces without needing help now, so that feels good :D

On the home stretch to the next payday now, second job pays in 11 days and main job either 11 or 12 days as it falls on a Sunday.

Today also marks the start of healthy eating and exercise again, I lost nearly a stone after my holiday but I am significantly rounder again now, so I really need to work on that and get back to the gym.

Happy Monday guys :j:j
  • I think I am going to start having to do daily to-do lists on my phone for just the basic things at the moment, my brain is being pretty useless!

I meant to turn the heating timer off this morning as it was only on for a few hours this morning to dry OH's daughters school dress that came on her yesterday covered in paint and we had no spare, but forgot to do that so will need to remember when I get home. I was also supposed to take some food out of the freezer, but forgot to do that also.

Had to leave the house this morning with washing up to be done and ironing piles everywhere, that's going to be a job for this evening to get back on top of the ironing, but the washing up is just going to be bunged in the dishwasher with tonights plates, etc.

I'm usually much more on the ball, and it's not even the extra working hours at the weekend as I am still doing the stuff when I get home that I would usually do, Lord knows what is going wrong but I just need some time with an empty house to power through it, I should be able to get things completely square again on Thursday and then just keep it going!

I know that's not MSE but I hate not being on top of things :rotfl:

On brighter news, I should be able to start working on one of the online jobs by the weekend, I find out the exam result for another on Friday (its touch-and-go) and the third I will be starting at the end of the month, so all positive stuff there! I have done a theoretical budget based on minimum income from that, and it all looks very good!
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    I think I am going to start having to do daily to-do lists on my phone for just the basic things at the moment, my brain is being pretty useless!

I meant to turn the heating timer off this morning as it was only on for a few hours this morning to dry OH's daughters school dress that came on her yesterday covered in paint and we had no spare, but forgot to do that so will need to remember when I get home. I was also supposed to take some food out of the freezer, but forgot to do that also.

Had to leave the house this morning with washing up to be done and ironing piles everywhere, that's going to be a job for this evening to get back on top of the ironing, but the washing up is just going to be bunged in the dishwasher with tonights plates, etc.

I'm usually much more on the ball, and it's not even the extra working hours at the weekend as I am still doing the stuff when I get home that I would usually do, Lord knows what is going wrong but I just need some time with an empty house to power through it, I should be able to get things completely square again on Thursday and then just keep it going!

I know that's not MSE but I hate not being on top of things :rotfl:

On brighter news, I should be able to start working on one of the online jobs by the weekend, I find out the exam result for another on Friday (its touch-and-go) and the third I will be starting at the end of the month, so all positive stuff there! I have done a theoretical budget based on minimum income from that, and it all looks very good!

Awesome news re the extra online work :) its great that you keep finding ways to increase your income. Its fab that you are so determined and I wish I could find that mindset sometimes.

The bout of forgetfulness will pass, maybe its coz you are filling your time so much that it just slips your mind, hopefully you will get back into the routine soon, once you get used to all the extra stuff :D

You are doing fab!
  • Awesome news re the extra online work :) its great that you keep finding ways to increase your income. Its fab that you are so determined and I wish I could find that mindset sometimes.

The bout of forgetfulness will pass, maybe its coz you are filling your time so much that it just slips your mind, hopefully you will get back into the routine soon, once you get used to all the extra stuff :D

You are doing fab!

Thank you :o

I am always trying to find new ways to earn haha, mostly as my main job is very, very quiet and I can utilise my time to do other stuff without it interfering, so I have been looking for ways to maximise that time!

OH is going to view a house tomorrow which we were quietly confident we'd stand a chance of getting as it has been on there for a while at the photos aren't great but we did a drive by and the area and houses look nice. However, it's gone on again today with a second EA, so I said if it's nice (and the new ad photos look lovely) he needs to tell them we are taking it or we will lose our chance like all of the other houses! It's 3 bedrooms so the kids will have their own rooms and has a drive, it's lovely! So, will keep everything crossed tomorrow :D
  • Exciting times....fingers crossed for you x
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Thank you :o

I am always trying to find new ways to earn haha, mostly as my main job is very, very quiet and I can utilise my time to do other stuff without it interfering, so I have been looking for ways to maximise that time!

OH is going to view a house tomorrow which we were quietly confident we'd stand a chance of getting as it has been on there for a while at the photos aren't great but we did a drive by and the area and houses look nice. However, it's gone on again today with a second EA, so I said if it's nice (and the new ad photos look lovely) he needs to tell them we are taking it or we will lose our chance like all of the other houses! It's 3 bedrooms so the kids will have their own rooms and has a drive, it's lovely! So, will keep everything crossed tomorrow :D

I am going to look into doing some extra work to get some additional income, always thought about surveys but they seem so long process to get a few extra quid. Although my main job is also very quiet. The day shift can get busy but night shift is quiet so could maybe look into doing it then. What would you say are the best survey sites?

Oooo good luck with the house :D fingers crossed.
  • Thanks both :D it's only a rental but I want somewhere where we would be quite happy for a couple of years whilst saving to buy, they're just all going so quickly at the moment!

Dan - I only really use Prolific on a daily basis. Opinion outpost when I don't mind getting screened out as you can cash out at £2.50 which adds up if you do it often enough, and I've had some free samples from there (I have a parcel of Pepsi actually waiting for me to pick up). Populus Live I do whenever I am eligible for a survey as they claim to pay £1 per 5 minutes and send you a cheque at £50, and Opinium Research as and when I get those, too. They're only for small amounts but they don't take long and you cash out at £25. Also, you get invited to panels occasionally and I got £35 in Amazon vouchers last time :D
  • Made a bit of a bold call yesterday, been feeling consistently blue, down, low mood and tired for as long as I can remember. I did a course of online CBT, read countless books and not much feels different, so I thought about asking my doctor if I could retry medication to help me feel a bit more myself. There were no appointments online until next month, so I did an online "ask your doctor a question" thing and explained how I was feeling and what I had tried, and he phoned me this morning to talk through things and was happy to try some tablets and has sent the prescription over to the pharmacy to pick up later.

I did take them previously but I think once I started to feel better I just stopped taking them, rather than doing a full course so to speak, so we will see how it goes. I've never been sure how I feel about tablets to aid with depression, anxiety, etc but I definitely need something as I really have not felt myself in a long time!

Today should be my last spendy day for a while, I need to pick up the prescription and some oil for my car as it has gone through a lot but my mechanic popped by the other night when I mentioned it and said there's no obvious leaks so to top it up and see how it goes, and he will pop it up on the ramp and have a closer look if it all just goes again.

I should have around £10 coming from Prolific this week, so it kind of counters these extra expenses :D
  • Spendy spendy lunch break, but got everything done that I needed to!

I forgot that I had set my Car 2020 pot on Monzo up to round my transactions up and put the change in that pot - clearly it's not very noticeable as there's nearly £10 in it :rotfl: my first thought was "bonus, now I only need to put £40 in this month" but I had a word with myself - I have the money to put £50 in, so I should put the £50 in and just have more in the pot! :naughty:

I think I will probably transfer over on payday the amount I know I have leftover after bills and stuff into the Monzo account/into a pot so that I can maximise the whole "Save the change" thing. I did think the transactions I made today were weird to all have been round amounts :rotfl:

So.. OH went to view the house and said it's just as nice as the photos, so told them we want it. I have a satisifed CCJ (3 years old, 2 years satisfied) which they are aware of, they basically said either we pass for a joint tenancy or we don't and it just goes into OH's name but I can live there, which is fine as he is the way higher earner. So, in theory, this should be our next home! OH alone earns enough to satisfy their workings out for rent affordability, even more so with both our incomes factored in.

All looking good! Exciting times indeed :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport