IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN: Southend Airport Retail Park Service yard - appeal success

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And I will eat my laptop if they own that car park! :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Well done, I am not surprised they threw in the towel. Have you seen the recent action in the HOC? A complaint tyo your \MP would not be untoward.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Trifled
    Trifled Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm just about to send first appeal for exactly the same situation.
    I was sitting in my car at the entrance to the service yard ..mainly because I was confused by the no pick up area at the airport. Pitch black and (discovered on later inspection) all signs above eye level.

Do i refer to it as a car park or a service yard? Does it matter? I'm assuming i should keep it short because they'll obviously reject anyway?

Thanks in advance
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,644 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Trifled wrote: »
    I'm just about to send first appeal for exactly the same situation.

Do i refer to it as a car park or a service yard? Does it matter? I'm assuming i should keep it short because they'll obviously reject anyway?

Surely you won't be referring to it at all.

Sent the already written for you, blue template appeal that you can find in the first post of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Send it unchanged - no additions or alterations necessary.

Send it as the keeper.

If you have any further questions that are not answered in the NEWBIES thread, then please start your own thread.
    Trying to progress the different issues of two different people in one thread can only lead to confusion.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "Do i refer to it as a car park or a service yard?"

If you think about it that's not a very smart admission is it?
  • Trifled
    Trifled Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you Keithp.
    I did think that after, but my issue was exactly the same, and I wanted to refer to the appeal letter sent by parking charge crusader, which was very lengthy and referred to it as a car park. But i totally appreciate what you're saying.

Fisherjim...i really don't know, which is why i asked the question. I was thinking along the lines of.. trespass or contract.

Admin please delete my posts if it helps avoid further confusion.
  • Cookie0
    Options
    I thought I should add to this thread after being caught out at this location earlier this summer.
    I came on to the forum to see what previous experience there was and Parking Charge Crusader's case was quite similar to mine.
    It was after 10 PM and as I recall there were hardly any lights on this site at that time; I entered the area and there were already four or five other vehicles there obviously waiting for arrival pickups. I was there for less than seven minutes but the charge notice arrived within a week.
    I was not aware of any signs and not made aware of any plate recognition cameras in operation.
    My original appeal was rejected of course but I held my nerve and used Mr. Crusaders POPLA appeal as a template - cut it down somewhat but added some detail that suited my circumstances. I even used a few of his photos and added a couple of my own having returned to the site myself. Interestingly, when I did return there were lights on and no cars inside the site. Mind you it's still pretty difficult to notice or certainly read those few, awkwardly positioned signs and as has already been ascertained, impossible from within a vehicle.
    My hunch is that they are operating a scam on this site and let's be honest, most people caught out will cough up at the reduced rate.
    If you've been caught out I recommend you use this template and you are almost certain to succeed - they won't fight it because they have virtually no hope of success with the P1SS poor, deliberately sketchy system they are operating. They are almost inviting the unsuspecting motorist in and then reaping a quick buck with what is virtually a hidden ANPR camera.
    If they didn't want unauthorised vehicles on this site why don't they put a barrier there?
    It's a pretty turgid practice and I personally, didn't want to give in to this dodgy enterprise.
    Thanks Mr Crusader, it was all worthwhile! :T
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you post this in POPLA Decisions up the top of the forum too, please? And show newbies reading that sticky thread, the appeal you sent, and the decision from POPLA (adding lots of paragraph breaks if it's a long one).

Well done!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure