Mortgage free by 2021?!

Options
1111112113114115117»

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    Options
    Apparently I've been on MSE for 4 years today! Time flies... (still no mortgage free badge, but as we've applied for a new mortgage I suppose that was going to be fleeting anyway ;))

Random money happenings:
    • Bought another new (to us) car! 100% electric vehicles in our household now
    • Scrapped the diesel for a pittance, but at least it's something, and gets it off the road
    • Approved for plenty of mortgage (almost 2x what we need)! Just need conveyancing to start in earnest
    • House survey went well - few items that need looking into but nothing major
    • Looks like we can fit a granny flat on the site if we can get planning permission...if not, we'll convert the garage and do a granny flat that way.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Things continue to progress:
    • Signed contracts for house purchase! Waiting on a few details to be finalised for solicitor to send them over to exchange.
    • Planning to keep current rental for November so that we have plenty of time to sort out moving our stuff.
    • Vendors want to complete in 2 weeks (!) but 3 is looking more likely, due to them not actually sending us info :naughty:
    • Have started looking for a new job, couple of decent-looking prospects but it's early stages yet
    • Friends have started house-hunting, looks like we'll be giving them 15-20k rather than 10k to help them out with deposit. It'll make savings pots a bit lean for a while but we're happy to be able to help them out.
  • Wiredchild
    Options
    I have just finished reading your entire journal for becoming mortgage free. It was my Christmas read this year.

I have been on my own mortgage free campaign for a couple of years but only recently found the forums with like minded individuals.

I have my own spreadsheet for recording but from reading your diary I have decided to really start focusing on our budget and make op's!

Would you kindly send me your template, this would be very much appreciated

Many thanks
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope all well in your world Hidden. Best wishes for the new year x
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Thanks BW! Lots of changes round here (finally bought a place, so have a mortgage again :o). Debating whether to start a new journal or fade into obscurity. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure